Geocaching this week??

w3schultz

Reaction score
I am heading out to the Iron Horse trail this week to do some geocaching. Very easy ride with over 1400 geocaches, Anyone interested?

Six point

Reaction score
Won't be able to make the ride but am curious about the caches as I'm into the Geo thing.Let me know how it is.
PK

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive got 700 caches under my belt and was wanting to do the trail but im working nights and quads broke. Wish I was there

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize how big this is lots people doing this.

Six point

Reaction score
I guess I'm just a newbie at it.I only have 300 so far. It's taken me to some really cool out of the way places.

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score
Would love to go but I gotta make sure folks are dressed properly to eat Army food.

theodus

Reaction score
Did you end up going out last weekend? I am debating hitting the Iron Horse Trail this Sunday for some fresh air as well....still not sure if plans will allow or not. I have yet to see the geocaching thing in action, although any excuse to get outdoors sounds like a good one!

w3schultz

Reaction score
I cover about 100 caches a few weekends ago in the Bellis area. Was on my own but still had some fun playing around on some of the off trail areas. :rolleyes: The trail is really tame but the off trails can be almost anything. If I hadn't been by myself could have had so real fun! I am going to heading out to St.Paul area sometime around July 10, 11, etc. If anyone else is going please let me know.

w3schultz

Reaction score
As long as the weather holds will be heading to out to do some geo-caching and quadding on the Iron Horse Trail staging in St. Paul at the Iron Horse Campground. Friday and Saturday, 12th and 13th if anyone else is in the area and interested. Red F150 with Canopy.

linktel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found your post about Geocaching very interesting, had no idea that it exisited. My wife gave me a Negellan 110 for Christmas. It looks like it will work to down load into it. What is the Iron Horse trail like from St Paul north? Any side trails. I have riden the section from Heinsberg to St Paul. There a few side trails. Went to Cold LK rode south but the train bridge is burnt out just a short distance south. Would like to ride more of the trail Thanks for the info

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son got into geocaching this past winter and he loves it.My wife even took him to Vegas in March and they went north of the town and found lots.I on the other hand had sledding already planned so they went and had a great time. I think geocaching is great for him!! there are lots of caches in the east koot's

w3schultz

Reaction score
Geocaching is really almost everywhere. Over 2.1 million. So many different kinds and will need vitually any type of transportation to get to. I did both north of St.Paul to Ashmont and south towards Elk Point. Not much side trails north and you need to get closer to Elk Point for trials there. The Iron Horse around Moose Lake seemed to be best if you wanted lots of diversions. Also out by Bellis there was some great areas just to go get lost in. I have come across so many amazing things geocaching but also came across griz and black bears, coyotes, fox, snakes, deer, moose, etc. And the scenery will blow your mind!! Give it and try and be warned it is addcting.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looked up the most geocaches found. Over 88,000 for one person so tell me its mot addictive. Since my last post i'm now at 800.

w3schultz

Reaction score
Congrats Grinder. If you averaged 10 minutes per find which is pretty normal, that is 8000 minutes or 133 hours!! Pretty cheap entertainment for that much enjoyment. And I bet you have seen a lot of great things that you otherwise would have missed. Have fun.

Top Bottom