GEO MOD VS Burandt up-grade

tchriste

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I ride an 09 HCR and looking at up-grading suspension. I've been looking at the Chris Burandt up-grade, however during my investigation and discussions with dealers/riders the GEO MOD came up. Geo is a member of the Snowest form that has come up with a mod for the Ms that change the geometry of the rear skid. Does anyone here run this mod and how did it work?

Thanks T

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Geo mod is a good improvement - it essentially changes the stock suspension geometry to copy the Holz rear skid. However, the A/C skid shock valving sucks, and the ride will still be crappy in the rough stuff.
This year, I added the Backcountry upgrade to my sled (M1000). It was such an improvement, I revalved my wife's M8 (with a Holz rear skid) to the same specs. The sled is night and day better in every way. Nexxtech did the revalve of both sleds - I would recommend them to anybody (great service and price, quick turnaround time).
That being said, I did the geo mod first, and kept it in that configuration as I liked the lighter feel (162" M1000 handles like a 600 sled with a 136") with the shock revalve.
In your shoes, I'd do the revalve first, and if you want a bit more transfer - then do the geo mod, as my M1K will stand on its back wheels on a very steep climb - a little less transfer may be be the hot ticket.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i rode BigDawgs boosted dragon with z bros suspension in the skid
loved it works very well.
definitaly on the summer mod list.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put the chris buradt valving in mine for now... see how it works... heard lots of great things.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the Burandt upgrade done as well plus the reservoirs for the front shocks from Nextech, if this doesn't give me enough improvement I'll be doing the Geo Mod as well. I just did it so haven't has the sled on the snow with the upgrades, I imagine there will be plenty of discussion on this topic this winter.

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very curious as to how this works out. Nextech in Sherwood park will do the re valving for 360.00

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I decided to run the Geo mod, first ride out this year and i have nothing bad to say bout the set up. It hooks up better than stock and seems to be a bit easier to swap side to side. the burandt upgrade is next. But for the 2-3 hrs it'll take you to measure out and set up the Geo mod i recommend it.

Top Bottom