2006 REV setup/mods Q's

bluelugnuts

Reaction score
Hey guys, just one question... When I remove the foam under the hood do I need to replace it with anything like reflective tape?

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The same way this Tread started last year, Snow Feaver, and now it's getting an update for the exact same reason!

First off last season was the first season that I rode on the REV platform and man it's got a solid set up. But I never got around to many mods last year, for various reasons, to make it my own ..... what I was able to do I'd consider to be very minimal:

1. Floated the clutch
2. Removed sway bar
3. General maintenance (new carbides, plugs etc.)
4. Trimmed the snow flap... Yeah I'll count it due to the list being so small

So far in the last few days I have already done:

1. 4" riser
2. Moved steering 2" forward ( way easier to do then I thought)
3. Removed old suitcase rack/tail light
4. Ordered but haven't received stiffer springs for front suspension

Still need to:

1. order a new lower A arm for the right side
2. Do a ski alignment (dam tree)
3. Vent clutch and exhaust sides
4. Figure out why reverse only works 10% of the time...
5. Build 2 custom GoPro mounts :D my specialty!
6. General tune-up to prep for the first ride

What are you guys doing in the preseason to get ready? Have I over looked anything!!?? What would you add to the list as a "must"

Thanks and see some of ya out at the Sled Show in a few weeks!![/QUOTE

i did the flex track mod takes a couple hours, to help with leaning it over and side hilling. there is a link on here to some zero dollars modes for the rev.
ill see if i can find it

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If reverse only works that little look into a top end.

If the idle is not stable enough ( different compresion between holes ) makes the idle unstable and reverse won't work.

It'll just fail mosty every time.

sent from my HTC while working

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did a mod a few years back on my rev that i'm not sure many people have done but it seems to work good for me, at least I haven't had any issues with it. I drilled 3 1" holes in the bottom of the air box on my clutch side panel and covered them with FrogSkinz. And on the side panel right below it I have installed a vent which, IMO, should give it a bit more cold air. It was an easy mod and only took about a half hour.

Another one i'm doing this summer is adding the removable sway bar like what's on the Summit X and XRS sleds. Going to weld brackets on the a arms so I can connect the dog bone links to it and connect the ways bar. I don't like the way the sled steers when I'm riding trails but I didn't like the permanent sway bar that came with it and so should cure it.

Top Bottom