Generator Carrier

Reaction score
Hi I have a 5th wheel holiday trailer and was wondering if anyone out there has come up with a way to mount a generator on the either the hitch or the bumper. I have a Honda EU 3000 generator and find it a little too heavy to load and unload by myself. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my dads we bolted a piece of plate on the bumper and used u-bolts to bolt genset to the plate. Also put some rubber in between to dampen vibrations to the frame, and redirected exhaust so it didn't point at the wall. I'll put up a pic tomorrow if I remember.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd definately go for the lighter aluminum model. The less weight hanging out the back the better. Those rear bumpers on today's holiday trailers aren't built for much weight.:d

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you need to get a piece of square tubing welded to the frame with a reciever hitch,factory bumper wont hold the weight and bouncing.

lander800

Reaction score
You really have to be sure that the whatever you buy or build is solid and it will not come loose. I was driving down Ray Gibbons drive the other day and there was a truck with a trailer behind it pulled over to the side and as I came closer the Honda generator what all banged up and sitting underw the trailer between the two axles and there was gas everywhere. So just a heads up.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You really have to be sure that the whatever you buy or build is solid and it will not come loose. I was driving down Ray Gibbons drive the other day and there was a truck with a trailer behind it pulled over to the side and as I came closer the Honda generator what all banged up and sitting underw the trailer between the two axles and there was gas everywhere. So just a heads up.

That happened to a family member of mine, but it was a bicycle. Ground off 4" of one handlebar end and one pedal,.. Funny as hell because I watched him install it the night before and he was like, "yup should hold real good."

Reaction score
On my dads we bolted a piece of plate on the bumper and used u-bolts to bolt genset to the plate. Also put some rubber in between to dampen vibrations to the frame, and redirected exhaust so it didn't point at the wall. I'll put up a pic tomorrow if I remember.

I would appreciate a picture I am needing every idea possible. Thankyou for your time.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put it in the back of your truck and get your wife to help if you are married... best place for it ,,,, or in a storgae compartment but that is harder to take out and put in

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what boots said....I chain my 3000w honda to the tie down loop in the corner of the box and leave it there unless we are parked for a weekend. It's a good jag, but I can put it in and out of the box myself. thought of mounting it to the trailer either on the front hitch or bumper until I sat in my buddy's trailer that had his solid mounted, it really resonates through the trailer when it's running. it's as bad or worse than the Gearbox or Jayco's that have them on board mounted from the factory.

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's as bad or worse than the Gearbox or Jayco's that have them on board mounted from the factory.

I used to have a toy hauler with one of those chitpile Onans in it. That thing could wake the dead!

The EU3000's are only 136lbs dry. It's a lift but it can be done with proper lifting technique....

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71vZU13uow0[/YT]

ckmoose

Reaction score
I've seen guys with a mount made up with their generator mounted to the hitch on the trailer. You would need an extension cord, but it would be with the trailer all the time, and if it fell off it would fall into the box... Or on the cab of the truck. Don't have any pics.

wiseguy

Reaction score
Here's how I did mine. Generator on one side and a pressure washer on the other side with a box and a bike rack in the middle. Had to rebuild the bumper right from the frame though.

Attachments

• IMGP1912.jpg
    IMGP1912.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 126
  • IMGP1914.jpg
    IMGP1914.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMGP1916.jpg
    IMGP1916.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 125

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's how I did mine. Generator on one side and a pressure washer on the other side with a box and a bike rack in the middle. Had to rebuild the bumper right from the frame though.

Looks like the right side brake light is not fully exposed. Has that been an issue ?

wiseguy

Reaction score
Looks like the right side brake light is not fully exposed. Has that been an issue ?

I put extra lights in the tool box and I also have a set of lights that clamp onto the bike rack up higher when there are bikes hanging from it. No issues yet.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

a power washer?????????? wtf, i can't beleive what people take camping these days.

can't people survive without power or washing their trucks for a couple days anymore???????

The north shore rack is a must though, toughest bike rack out there.

wiseguy

Reaction score
a power washer?????????? wtf, i can't beleive what people take camping these days.

can't people survive without power or washing their trucks for a couple days anymore???????

The north shore rack is a must though, toughest bike rack out there.

The power washer is for when we're out camping in the middle of nowhere and want to wash the quads off. I've got it set up so that I can draw water out of a lake or stream.

Top Bottom