Gearing/Clutching for 3" track?

Burnsie

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone could give a starting point on some clutching I have 2011 M8 had 153", i went to a 162 X 3" into a Kmod skid. After man handling these tracks I can tell that this 3" is alot heavier. I am installing Cutlers conversion kit with 38 helix and a set of 60 to 70 adjustable weights. Any thoughts on where I should start with weight or should I be thinking about some lower gears to turn this monster?
Thanks for any info in advance.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I think your gearing will be fine as we are running a 174 with a 2.5 inch on a 09 M8 and using stock gearing. Depending on mods you should be running around 68 grams I think. I am sure you have it covered but make sure you trim down the knobs on the diamond drive side of your track before you go anywhere or you will have bigger problems on your hands. You will love the 3". I have a 3" 174 on my m1 and it is awesome.Good luck.

Burnsie

Reaction score
Thanks Catman, I do have the knobs all trimmed out for diamond drive, just concerned about lacking power with the heavier track or maybe needing an excuse to purchase some more HP..lol. I appreciate the reassurance that it will turn the track alright. Thanks again.

WaBackcountry

Reaction score
My 3" is going on as we speak. I already geared down my BDX diamond lite when I installed it a year or two ago. Boy that 162x3" feels heavy in the box. I hope it turns okay.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom