Gear that stands up to tree riding?

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys jw if anyone has found gear that will stand up to the abuse of tree riding for more then a season?
I've had klim hmk and tobe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys jw if anyone has found gear that will stand up to the abuse of tree riding for more then a season?

I honestly like the FXR gear, i thought it was for just for posers, haha. But i bought a onesie. Its very tough, thicker than the Tobe. I was really set on getting the Tobe Kevlar Onesie, but i'm really glad i went with the lesser expensive feels like better quality FXR gear.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if klim doesn't hold up uve got a problem. ive got both klim and motorfist and I spend most of my season in the trees, running into them, bouncing off of them, and all my stuff seems to be good with the exception my new skinz boards starting to tear up my pants

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No.... I figure if I get a full season out of my gear that's pretty good.

McGrath

Supporting Vendor, Alberta Cycle
Reaction score
Motofist has new line called Alpha which has Kevlar panels built in all over. Not flashy color but black and grey, definelty will last for ever.Has life time warranty no waiting same day replace or repair. We won't see the new gear until September 2015, Alberta Cycle

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Motofist has new line called Alpha which has Kevlar panels built in all over. Not flashy color but black and grey, definelty will last for ever.Has life time warranty no waiting same day replace or repair. We won't see the new gear until September 2015, Alberta Cycle

That sounds great. Kevlar on the butt?

I wear Klim and the only problem I have is with the butt area leaking. It seems that after 50 days (washing and reconditioning at 25 days) it is finished in the butt. The warranty is great and the process is pretty streamlined. Klim gear holds up to the trees IMHO and it holds up better than the sled!

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up until this year I've had great luck with my Klim pants. I had been using the togwotee bibs, but switched to the stealth line this year. Not sure if the material isn't as tough or if it's just bad luck, but they have seven tears from trees. Last years togwotee bibs didn't have any after the season.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up until this year I've had great luck with my Klim pants. I had been using the togwotee bibs, but switched to the stealth line this year. Not sure if the material isn't as tough or if it's just bad luck, but they have seven tears from trees. Last years togwotee bibs didn't have any after the season.

Totally agree, could get 3 seasons out of the Togwotee bibs and after one season have a rip in the knee with the Stealth. Klim denied me warranty too. Maybe it's the Polaris glue they are using.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had good luck with the Doo helium 50 gear. Jacket is starting to show some wear but it's had a rough go of it.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I picked up my Stealth gear last season and the bibs are trashed. My previous Klim pants were great. This stretch material they use is junk as far as I am concerned considering they say it is durable. It will be going back to Klim to see what they say and I know they are going to argue wear and tear, but on gear that retails for over $1100 it should last more than a season and a half. Literally the material has worn away through the stitching on the legs. Not impressed. I was also moving a sled around the yard and the snow flap ripped the leg.

"The new KLIM Stealth series is the ultimate in lightweight, durable, and ultra-serious riding gear for the most active riders on the snow. Created to be lighter while still providing KLIM-levels of durable, waterproof

and breathable performance, the Stealth Jacket is truly unique in the snowmobiling industry
."

I might look at the FXR gear for next winter. I would rather pay $400-500 for gear and expect it to last 2 years rather than pay $1000 and it last just as long. I used to think FXR gear was pretty much flatland gear but their Mountain series has impressed me. The camo stuff is a little late to the game for me as camo was cooler 10 years ago, but some guys love it!

I know FXR has some pretty interesting things in their line up and know someone with ties to Doo was going to be a big distributor of it.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I picked up my Stealth gear last season and the bibs are trashed. My previous Klim pants were great. This stretch material they use is junk as far as I am concerned considering they say it is durable. It will be going back to Klim to see what they say and I know they are going to argue wear and tear, but on gear that retails for over $1100 it should last more than a season and a half. Literally the material has worn away through the stitching on the legs. Not impressed. I was also moving a sled around the yard and the snow flap ripped the leg.

"The new KLIM Stealth series is the ultimate in lightweight, durable, and ultra-serious riding gear for the most active riders on the snow. Created to be lighter while still providing KLIM-levels of durable, waterproof

and breathable performance, the Stealth Jacket is truly unique in the snowmobiling industry
."

I might look at the FXR gear for next winter. I would rather pay $400-500 for gear and expect it to last 2 years rather than pay $1000 and it last just as long. I used to think FXR gear was pretty much flatland gear but their Mountain series has impressed me. The camo stuff is a little late to the game for me as camo was cooler 10 years ago, but some guys love it!

I know FXR has some pretty interesting things in their line up and know someone with ties to Doo was going to be a big distributor of it.

my brother got a pair of pants from FXR this winter, and they look and feel super durable. He's more of an ice fisherman than a sledder but based on how they look I think they'd hold up well.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah Rasmussen outfits all his crew with the FXR. It's fairly durable.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta say I love my arcteryx gear. Never get wet. Also has kevlar built into the pants. Canadian made and life time warranty.

Top Bottom