Gates belts

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has or does any1 run a gates xtreme belt for an xp 800 ( if available yet) are they crap and am i wasting my time.
i got a 43X4320 part number off there web site but says it was for a summit everest they dont list years, this might be for an older ski-doo. Phoned the Napa lady in town here and she said they dont list one for a renegade xp.

*** I suppose ill have to keep buying them from doo for 185 bones, bastards

any other brand options?

Got about 400 miles out of my last one (with 2 trips 2 the mountains) not 2 bad i guess.

Thanks

BLUE RIVER 7 MORE SLEEPS:beer::beer::beer:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have always heard and have always been told to stick with the stock ones. they give you the best performance. this wasn't from the dealer either.

wow your guys belts are expensive. i could buy 2 for the price of your one.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had to get a new belt. There is no Arctic cat dealership here so I phoned the parts stores. Napa and Lordco. Lordco had my belt which was a Dayco, worked out to around $100.00 including tax. Napa was supposed to carry Gates but they phoned me back and said they would have to special order it in from Quebec and shipping alone would have killed me. So we went with Dayco as we couldn't even get a Gates in.

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your burning up belts on your XP.....fix the problem with clutch alignment/setup.I,as many people have not burnt any belts to date.Washing clutch faces and belts with scotch brite helps.Mine w/ Bone stock clutching always holds 8200 RPM.Belts are too much money now days that you can't afford to ignore the problem.

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your burning up belts on your XP.....fix the problem with clutch alignment/setup.I,as many people have not burnt any belts to date.Washing clutch faces and belts with scotch brite helps.Mine w/ Bone stock clutching always holds 8200 RPM.Belts are too much money now days that you can't afford to ignore the problem.
I did fix the problem or what they told me. Primary was out 2 mm, replaced bushing, cleaned geared it down. This was after 5 belts at 500 miles. since then i have blown 3 including above mentioned. I have around 1200 miles. Did remove shroud and toolcase, put six flowrites on clutch side and after 5 miles still cant touch primary, I dont want to get into the whole clutch thing, there is a million threads on it here and doo-talk, just wanted a part # if anyone had one.
It holds its rpms and runs fine.

Top Bottom