Belt Costs???

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So just pulled the sleds out for preseason servicing.After making my wish list I ran down to the local establishment (No not the Pub:beer:) to buy a few parts. Bought a bunch of stuff from Yamaha including two new belts. $82.00 each. This lasts the Turbo Nytro at least 2500km which is what it averages every year. Then slipped next door to DOO for the XP wish list. Which again included 2 belts........$190.00 a piece:realmad::mad::nono:.I went through 2 of them last year in 1500 km WTF!!!!!!! Guy at counter said this is the new updated belt better quality blah blah blah!!!! I held up my Yamaha belts which were still in my hand and said I can buy 2 and a half of these for the price of one Doo belt and they last longer.

Seriously no brand bashing at all just wondering how can Doo justify the cost of their belts??? Now i'm scared to run down to Polaris for my Pro parts and belts.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More power? JK. I dont know why but my first belt worked well and dont want to risk blowing one, so paid the cash for the spare brp one.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always carry one spare and have another in the trailer so if I do blow one that I don't have to go shopping before the trip is over. Hopefully I do not blow any more on the XP. Haven't blown one on the PRO yet but not many miles on it.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoo has a decent belt but expensive I bought one for my etec and it was around the $185 mark. Go to a local performance shop like specialty or mountain magic they have better quality belts for a lot cheaper around $135.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to know why a turbo yamaha that runs 200hp-240hp doesn't chew through belts ? conspiracy ?whats the deal.?:rant:

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not blown a belt in xp yet, but never owned the 08 either. Why they are expensive, don't know , but I would not use any other belt but brp, but that is just me.....

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running about 290 hp on the apex and never a belt issue. The clutches are built more robust have larger pins and just seem to work really well. Not brand bashing either. I would never run an aftermarket belt like dayco or gates on my sled and at 85 or 90 bucks it pays to run OEM.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Turbo Nytro doesn't burn belts but is really hard on clutch rollers. Chews through a set every 6-700km. Dealers say no one else has issues (Of Course:confused:) everything else in Primary is fine.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Turbo Nytro doesn't burn belts but is really hard on clutch rollers. Chews through a set every 6-700km. Dealers say no one else has issues (Of Course:confused:) everything else in Primary is fine.
If your chewing rollers then your gonna chew belts.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope can chew through the bushings in the rollers and not even know unless I inspect them,Belt will be fine. As a matter of fact its that way right now. rollers are toast and belt looks brand new.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well after blowing belt on XP after 600km - then running over to dealer and spending $185.00 - I thought I'd check belt alignment - clutches were not aligned properly - after re-adjust I can run a belt all season - usually 1500KM of mountain riding

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know guys that can ruin a belt in one ride. The rider input will have an effect on the durability of any belt. I have 2000 miles on Polaris belt and don't think I going to change it yet. Just so your not thinking I'm a trail rider, all the miles are in the mountains with nitrous at times.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your chewing rollers then your gonna chew belts.

Just FYI. On a Yamaha clutch the rollers have no bearing on clutch alignment or sheave going wobbly. The sliding sheave on the primary is held in perfect alignment by the Slider blocks that the spider runs in.The only function the rollers have is for the weights to have a smooth transition as the ramp open. Now i'm not an expert on the Doo clutch but I believe when your rollers go it throws your sliding sheave off hence burning belts.That is why on a Yamaha you can have bad roller bushings and not burn belts.

Top Bottom