Gas caddy? 100L+

brendon444

Reaction score
Looking for a solution to store fuel at home and cabin. Tired of hauling gas cans that are only 25L.

Would like to store at least 100L+ and found gas caddy’s and only one I can find in Canada is from uncle weiners.

http://unclewiener.com/product/73953/

Anyone try one of these or have a better solution? Would like to be able to fill lawn tractors, ATVs, boats without constantly hauling gas cans. Ideally roll in and out of truck to fill up using ramp.

ideas?

mikeydoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
switch fuel to 100LL and store in 50 gallon drum in shaded area. 4 years life in sealed drum

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for a solution to store fuel at home and cabin. Tired of hauling gas cans that are only 25L.

Would like to store at least 100L+ and found gas caddy’s and only one I can find in Canada is from uncle weiners.

Anyone try one of these or have a better solution? Would like to be able to fill lawn tractors, ATVs, boats without constantly hauling gas cans. Ideally roll in and out of truck to fill up using ramp.

ideas?
Better check if you can haul it filled in back of truck. I know its no better than a bunch of jugs but regulations are regulations.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better check if you can haul it filled in back of truck. I know its no better than a bunch of jugs but regulations are regulations.

You can haul that amount in your truck. I think you can have up to 400l tank bolted down. Don’t quote me on the 400l but I do know it’s more than 100l

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ideas?
a friend of mine has 2 tanks from a semi truck he was trying to sell for $150 each. I think they hold 500 litres each. If your interested let me know.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gasoline Containers over 30 liters must be certified, the certification requirement changes again if they are over 60 liters. Diesel has no such requirement and can be transported in almost any container up to 450 liters.

Screenshot (69).png

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I would probably check with your insurance company on coverage of a bolted in tank as well... I know of an oilfield worker who had a tidy tank in the back and he was in an accident, he had to really fight for any coverage, because they said with the fluid/liquid sloshing in the back of his truck, handling was affected. I know the pickups that haul water in the big plastic tanks in the backs of their trucks have had coverage trouble as well....Better safe than sorry

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I doubt that thing from uncle weiners meets CSA standards. Splash loading something like that both in the back of a truck or from jerrycans would be dangerous. You have to be anal about proper grounding and bonding. Static electricity buildup is a problem when splash loading gasoline, that’s why most service stations have the stickers saying to fill only in “approved “ containers. “Approved “ containers are either metal or made from plastics that are formulated to conduct static charges to ground. It’s also why you should never fill a gas can sitting on your tailgate. Put it in the ground.

brendon444

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply’s. Guess that is why there are not many options for larger gas storage.

Just figured there has to be a better way for home refuelling. Need bigger than jerry can but not a full farm tank.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply’s. Guess that is why there are not many options for larger gas storage.

Just figured there has to be a better way for home refuelling. Need bigger than jerry can but not a full farm tank.

You can get small tidy tanks, 100, 120, and 230 liter capacity that are certified for gas. Gregg's Distributors should either carry these or at least can order them, but the closest Gregg's to Lloyd is Edmonton or Saskatoon.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
WE USE THE "FUEL CHIEF" FROM JOHN DOW INDUSTRIES FOR FUEL TANK DRAINING AND STORAGE AT THE SHOP HERE... PORTABLE AND ON WHEELS. MIGHT BE MORE WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?
JUST GOOGLE FUEL CHIEF GAS CADDY... ALL KINDS OF THEM POP UP
DOWJDI-25GC-P1_1200Wx1200H.jpg

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
switch fuel to 100LL and store in 50 gallon drum in shaded area. 4 years life in sealed drum
I'm doing the 50 gallon drum this weekend, with the price of gas now, I wouldn't mind buying a couple of drum fulls for the summer

brendon444

Reaction score
I'm doing the 50 gallon drum this weekend, with the price of gas now, I wouldn't mind buying a couple of drum fulls for the summer

Let me know how you set it up. Steel or plastic? How are you going g to move/transfer. Pump?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Let me know how you set it up. Steel or plastic? How are you going g to move/transfer. Pump?
I'm going to go with a steel drum, hand pump and store in the shade. Neighbor has an outside fork lift, so loading/unloading will be super easy

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much does a 50 gallon drum cost empty? Unless you can get drums for free or have them laying around, probably not going too save much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom