Garmin Rino® 530HCx

Maverick

Reaction score
Catman .... what is the brand and model of Mics you purchased, I'm looking to buy two units and want the mics and ear buds.

thanks ...

Brad

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Motorolla mics. Bring your GPS in and make sure that you get one that plugs in properly and has the right connection to work with the GPS. You als have to set up the GPS to work with the mic in your settings, took me awile to figure it out the first time. I dont know about earpieces as we havent tried them cuz the mics work so good.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys can buy the garmin rhinos in calgary

gps central 530 hcx- 419.00
520hcx- 369.00

gps city 530 hcx- 425.00
520 hcx- 359.00

not much savings with shipping etc from the states plus imort duties= ups.
good luck with warranty, you wil eat up any savings with the shipping and duties:rolleyes:
radios are line of sight and should work about the same. nice unit for finding buds.

Rhino Rick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

520hcx- 369.00

gps city 530 hcx- 425.00
520 hcx- 359.00

good luck with warranty, you wil eat up any savings with the shipping and duties:rolleyes:
radios are line of sight and should work about the same. nice unit for finding buds.

You just want the american models for the 5W power which the canadian models won't have.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
give them a call last i heard they were selling the 5 watt models. also heard that if you hook up to garmin for downloads etc you will have the 2 watter at no charge:beer:

mm700

Reaction score
I just bought my 530 at cabelas in winnipeg. I am wondering where you guys are buying your maps, and what kind of maps are avialable.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com

520hcx- 369.00

gps city 530 hcx- 425.00
520 hcx- 359.00

Unfortunately they do not sell the 5w model...we paid 432 cdn all in for each out of the states ... 5Watt models.

butthead

Reaction score
Tisk Tisk Tisk, dont get caught with the radio (even on a gps) during hunting season, radios are illegal. Just sayin...........:d
where did you come up with that
what page # in the regs did you find that
just asking. its a need to know

big_red1a

Reaction score
i . We went to Communications group in Red Deer and bought the mikes like the cops have that plug in to the gps and it is the cats a$$. We attach them to our straps on our backpacks and they have a speaker built in which lets you hear if someone is calling when you are riding, probably the best thing we did with them. You leave your gps in a pouch somewhere in your backpack and just push a button all day, very easy to communicate and fast, the only thing is you have to allow for a second once you push the button before you speak. These mikes were under $50 bucks if I remember correctly and well worth the cash! If you buy them you wont go back.:d

Can you tell me the store that you got the mics from as well as the model number??? We would like to order 3 for our group

Maverick

Reaction score
Excellent info .. going to make the purchase of two units this year so my son does not leave me behind :) Can I call you to discuss b4 I make the purchase?

Brad

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
The mics are Motorolla and we bought them at Communications Group in Red Deer and if you call there and tell them your radio they should get you the right ones, I think they only have one that works in the Rhino. We had some guys on the hill last weekend that saw our radio setups and they are going to do the same cuz they are so good!

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how long did it take for you guys to receive your radios after ordering them from ebay?

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CRAP!!! i ordered 2 for xmas on nov30th but they didnt ship until the 8th!!!.. wasnt thinking itd be a big deal at the time :/ NOT COOL

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Speaker mic's

Ordered mics online here.

They work great. we also plug in helmet speakers to the mic and you can carry on a full conversation. Loud enough to get your attention when your running along too.

IXCESSORY - Integrated Xcessory for mobile equipments

Thanks for the heads up with this site!
Just got a throat mic with a PTT for my Rhino 530Hcx from these guys, looks like pretty decent quality, and it only took a couple of weeks to get here from Singapore. Now I don't have to stop to use my radio, handy when you're looking for someone :)
Although... I emailed them with a couple of questions, and English isn't a strong suit with them, so be warned :p

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Speaker mic's

Thanks for the heads up with this site!
Just got a throat mic with a PTT for my Rhino 530Hcx from these guys, looks like pretty decent quality, and it only took a couple of weeks to get here from Singapore. Now I don't have to stop to use my radio, handy when you're looking for someone :)
Although... I emailed them with a couple of questions, and English isn't a strong suit with them, so be warned :p

how is your unit working? I have a 530 and a 110......what part number did you get? how much to your door?

Top Bottom