Garmin Oiltracks Software

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, I burned from another card not the CD...good to know!
it's kooky man, I tried several ways to copy the info off a purchased card, but always ran into the message "cannot unlock maps" when inserting into the nuvi.

my buddy has the patchmap cd's, but they are different in that each set of cd's are good for only one computer, and cannot be put into another and be used without registering the product. patchmap also doesn't support info to be loaded onto the sd cards, you have to buy the cards from them at around $500 I think it is. the cd program is $1700...and every year they send you update cd's at an additional cost.

I was in my buddy's office when the patchmap rep was setting it up on his computer, I quizzed him a lot about the sd cards. the patchmap guy guaranteed me the cards could not be copied, but I beg to differ....I need to get one to try. :d

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
it's kooky man, I tried several ways to copy the info off a purchased card, but always ran into the message "cannot unlock maps" when inserting into the nuvi.

my buddy has the patchmap cd's, but they are different in that each set of cd's are good for only one computer, and cannot be put into another and be used without registering the product. patchmap also doesn't support info to be loaded onto the sd cards, you have to buy the cards from them at around $500 I think it is. the cd program is $1700...and every year they send you update cd's at an additional cost.

I was in my buddy's office when the patchmap rep was setting it up on his computer, I quizzed him a lot about the sd cards. the patchmap guy guaranteed me the cards could not be copied, but I beg to differ....I need to get one to try. :d

Haha, Ive been trying to find a copy for a year now...Have a buddy that got his hands on a demo, but they gave him the whole GPS unit, I had it hooked up in the truck to my laptop, and could download the files no problem, but it has a proprietary basemap that accompanies the files, one wouldnt work without the other. I too believe that I could copy the card, but this demo had no card, all files loaded direct into the Garmin, and I could not get them out. I will keep searching, if I find a copy I will let you know. Its far more common in the north than down here.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a garmin 530 as well,when I get the card back from teeroy I will try it,you never know!
Would be pretty sweet if it worked!
catmando!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to the Garmin site, and check NT models and see if yours is there. Normally you can check by the software updates.

Good lord that site is just as good as the Bell site!

I found this for the Rino® 530HCx

City Navigator® North America NT
Part Number: 010-D0743-00
Suggested Retail Price: $ 79.99 USD
Downloadable

So does that mean it will work? It was the closest thing I coulld find on that site with a "NT" in it?

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes,

All of the Garmin maps are compatible with the Rhino series, as with the Nuvi's, and most of the Etrex lineup (some are not capable of adding maps). As well, all of the new Oregon and Colorado units will accept the Garmin maps. I have used Metroguide Canada V4, Metroguide North America V6 and V8, City Navigator 2008 - 2011, Topo Canada V4, Ibycus Topo, and Oiltrax on many different units with no issues.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool, who's got one they want to sell? Like I always say " of it's not pirated you are paying too much"

gearb0x

Reaction score
I have the oiltrax on a sd card that I borrowed from a buddy in hopes of being able to copy it. I was able to copy it to my sd card with no trouble but when I put it in my garmin nuvi 255 I get nothing at all, no error messages, no nothing, just like I never inserted anything. The maps that came with the nuvi still work fine though. Did I do something wrong? Do I have to enter a serial number in one of the bin files? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I have the oiltrax on a sd card that I borrowed from a buddy in hopes of being able to copy it. I was able to copy it to my sd card with no trouble but when I put it in my garmin nuvi 255 I get nothing at all, no error messages, no nothing, just like I never inserted anything. The maps that came with the nuvi still work fine though. Did I do something wrong? Do I have to enter a serial number in one of the bin files? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

You have to switch to the Oiltrax map in the settings...

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks

Did you put it into a garmin folder? if so, you will need unl file for your serial number. If it is the newest version of oiltrax you will also need a GPA file. (new garmin protection)

gearb0x

Reaction score
I do have it in a GARMIN folder and I dont have the option to select the oiltrax map. I was able to get it to read the sd now but now I get a message that says cant unlock maps. Can someone explain the process of unlocking the maps? I do have a .unl file but apparently it is set for the other gps and has a long key, is there a way to generate a new unlock code for a different serial number? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

gearb0x

Reaction score
Sorry If I dont answer right away, I dont always get the opportunity to be online. Appreciate your patience.

gearb0x

Reaction score
Did you put it into a garmin folder? if so, you will need unl file for your serial number. If it is the newest version of oiltrax you will also need a GPA file. (new garmin protection)

How does one go about getting the unl file and the GPA file?

gearb0x

Reaction score
So does anyone know how to get the UNL and GPA File as suggested? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Top Bottom