g5 driveshaft clamp

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was kidding, that totally sucks. As ive said BRP needs to step up and do the right thing here.

problem is the hyvo chain makes the bottom sprocket break, so theres a couple things that need to be addressed here

The bottom hyvo sprocket is the same since 2021. Maybe it’s a parts quality thing, but a the new driveshaft is the major thing that changed over the last two years.
The only thing preventing the bearing from coming out of alignment is a circlip in the chaincase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bottom hyvo sprocket is the same since 2021. Maybe it’s a parts quality thing, but a the new driveshaft is the major thing that changed over the last two years.
The only thing preventing the bearing from coming out of alignment is a circlip in the chaincase.

Thought the 23s are not hyvo so is it the quick connector or the non hyvo which is the major issue

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another BRP fawk up. $28K for a machine they can't even get the chain and sprockets right. This is what happens when you use cheap powdered stamped sprockets and don't heat treat them long enough. Get what you pay for.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just think or believe there is inconsistent QCQA/materials/specs/mill run within the coupler and or shaft as even 2023 NA SP models are grenading bottom sprocket…. so possibly some poor sprockets or is the tolerance in splines creating that as by the looks of many incidents the chain is not breaking during these events. For the ones that stand up and wave the doo flag and say nothings wrong I have this many km on well you’re fortunate hence why I think there’s inconsistency.
(yes I know many have the opinion it’s the operator & maintenance but who knows)

But $135 TKI part may prevent failure… but who knows.
Once again what I said…

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought the 23s are not hyvo so is it the quick connector or the non hyvo which is the major issue

You are correct, the 23’s are non hyvo they are rexnord. I was referring to Sean’s comment that the hyvo was breaking the bottom sprocket, I do not know if he wrote that comment correct or not, but just pointing out that there was no turbo chaincase failures with hyvo and the one piece shaft before this year. Either it’s a cheap Chinese part’s quality issue,( I’m being sarcastic now) or it’s the two piece driveshaft causing the sprockets to come out of alignment.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are correct, the 23’s are non hyvo they are rexnord. I was referring to Sean’s comment that the hyvo was breaking the bottom sprocket, I do not know if he wrote that comment correct or not, but just pointing out that there was no turbo chaincase failures with hyvo and the one piece shaft before this year. Either it’s a cheap Chinese part’s quality issue,( I’m being sarcastic now) or it’s the two piece driveshaft causing the sprockets to come out of alignment.

i was referring to the photo of the lynx with the broken sprocket as that is hyvo stuff?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Zing zing ping is getting back at the Turd sending them crappy parts. Gotta be it.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was referring to the photo of the lynx with the broken sprocket as that is hyvo stuff?

No that rexnord aurora. The chain is supposed than to be stronger than what came in our sleds, but I have heard that they are 11W not 13w, Like the regular rexnord and the borg warner (hyvo). Ive not held one in my hand to confirm the info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another BRP fawk up. $28K for a machine they can't even get the chain and sprockets right. This is what happens when you use cheap powdered stamped sprockets and don't heat treat them long enough. Get what you pay for.

So 28,000$ isnt enough? Maybe at 40g they can put a decent chain and sprocket on ?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So 28,000$ isnt enough? Maybe at 40g they can put a decent chain and sprocket on ?
That's the thing - $28K is enough though. I haven't had to check the numbers in a while but like a 40R chain is good for 5,000+ lbs if I remember right. Hell a 1" wide NP231 transfer case chain is only $120 and is capable of moving a 5,000 lb vehicle.

If its truly a chain / sprocket issue and not the coupler - The HYVO works, its marginally more expensive (even though it doesnt need to be), I don't know why they just don't use it (well I know why - its cuz they cheaped out) or a 15W like we used to back when there were 180 HP triples running around FFS. Its a whopping 1/2 lb more of chain. Cut corners on manufacturing costs and then try and blame it on poor maintenance as a reason not to admit there's a problem. There's going to be a certain % of failures in any given standard bell curve for statistics and when you have the lion's share of a market, statistically there are going to be "more" that show up just based on the percentage. This is what happens with innovation.

Still a great sled, but they need to address this as, once you remove all variables like maintenance and rider style etc, its a singular part that continues to fail, even in a proven system. Its reminiscent of the 2008 belt fiasco - refused to admit there was a problem and just kept telling people to do the maintenance and adjust belt deflection :rolleyes: . I applaud a company more for standing up and doing the right thing rather than burying their heads in the sand to protect a share price.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the thing - $28K is enough though. I haven't had to check the numbers in a while but like a 40R chain is good for 5,000+ lbs if I remember right. Hell a 1" wide NP231 transfer case chain is only $120 and is capable of moving a 5,000 lb vehicle.

If its truly a chain / sprocket issue and not the coupler - The HYVO works, its marginally more expensive (even though it doesnt need to be), I don't know why they just don't use it (well I know why - its cuz they cheaped out) or a 15W like we used to back when there were 180 HP triples running around FFS. Its a whopping 1/2 lb more of chain. Cut corners on manufacturing costs and then try and blame it on poor maintenance as a reason not to admit there's a problem. There's going to be a certain % of failures in any given standard bell curve for statistics and when you have the lion's share of a market, statistically there are going to be "more" that show up just based on the percentage. This is what happens with innovation.

Still a great sled, but they need to address this as, once you remove all variables like maintenance and rider style etc, its a singular part that continues to fail, even in a proven system. Its reminiscent of the 2008 belt fiasco - refused to admit there was a problem and just kept telling people to do the maintenance and adjust belt deflection :rolleyes: . I applaud a company more for standing up and doing the right thing rather than burying their heads in the sand to protect a share price.

Yep cant forget about the 2 piece shaft nobody asked for lol.

Wicked sled forsure, once the bugs are worked out it will be even better..

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep cant forget about the 2 piece shaft nobody asked for lol.

Wicked sled forsure, once the bugs are worked out it will be even better..

The dealers wanted that, not directly a 2 piece coupler But they didn't want to be paid 0.25hr for a 3 hours Job lol. I welcome the change if they can make it work. for racing it makes the track change so fast and i usually put a new track on my sled every spring to sell it as i always destroy one per season. But for the average mountain rider its a pretty useless feature.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The dealers wanted that, not directly a 2 piece coupler But they didn't want to be paid 0.25hr for a 3 hours Job lol. I welcome the change if they can make it work. for racing it makes the track change so fast and i usually put a new track on my sled every spring to sell it as i always destroy one per season. But for the average mountain rider its a pretty useless feature.
When did BRP ever warranty a track? The 0.25hr flat rate is irrelevant.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thats just BRP screwing thier dealers.

But yes, its a nice feature if it works properly

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I’m seeing in the Ag industry now I would hazard to guess that it was a supply issue so they put the alternative set up in the chain case. When you have issues getting mid row bander disc openers for your air drill seeder which for the people they don’t know are like a 24” diameter disc with 5 bolt holes punched into it then I can see just about anything being a concern to supply in this day and age.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wonder what the real issues are for the supply problems. lack of people, materials or have just decided to produce the minimum needed as to be able to charge full pop. no more volume discounts.

Top Bottom