g5 driveshaft clamp

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday we were towing buddies blown up Alpha out and guys towing a Lynx out pulled up and said "at least your not towing a doo" lol He said something was wrong with the funky driveshaft but I noticed the chaincase cover was on and intact

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday we were towing buddies blown up Alpha out and guys towing a Lynx out pulled up and said "at least your not towing a doo" lol He said something was wrong with the funky driveshaft but I noticed the chaincase cover was on and intact
Maybe blew, just not through the cover?

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe blew, just not through the cover?
Woulsn't ya have to pull the pieces out to be able to tow it. From what he said about the funky driveshaft coupler being the problem I think the splines on the shaft must have been slipping

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Woulsn't ya have to pull the pieces out to be able to tow it. From what he said about the funky driveshaft coupler being the problem I think the splines on the shaft must have been slipping
Depends i guess. If the bottom gear let go, as there have been many instances of, there might be nothing left to bind the driveshaft.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends i guess. If the bottom gear let go, as there have been many instances of, there might be nothing left to bind the driveshaft.
Ya I guess eh. It wasn't making any noises as he towed it past me. I was having a beer break and listening to buddy tell me why his alpha is superior to the doo while being towed out with siezed engine for the second time in 500 miles :ROFLMAO:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No, IF the splines let go he wouldn’t be able to put any power to it, but everything would still rotate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I’m seeing in the Ag industry now I would hazard to guess that it was a supply issue so they put the alternative set up in the chain case. When you have issues getting mid row bander disc openers for your air drill seeder which for the people they don’t know are like a 24” diameter disc with 5 bolt holes punched into it then I can see just about anything being a concern to supply in this day and age.

Potentially maybe from a manufacturing standpoint for Ag equipment if they don't have the manpower for production, but in terms of raw supply, metallurgical coal production never really slowed globally throughout the pandemic. Like many things these days, the ol' "supply chain" excuse has simply become a fulcrum to leverage increased profit margins in all business sectors.

1677685327615.png

Top Bottom