G4 175" suspension setup?

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone lead me through the optimal suspension setup on a G4 175? Im 200lbs + gear.

Ive noticed the dealer/factory has the limiter strap as loose as it goes, while my 165" had it tight.

Just looking for tips or suggestions. Dave Norona?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's optimal to you? Climbing like a billy goat with the skis down, hanging the hoops at will to roop around or somewhere in the middle but favouring one those styles?

I'd go ride the thing and see how it feels and go from there. Personally my goal with the long sleds is to have it play like a 163 but climb better. Tighten up center shock to reduce bottoming on trail whoops, go up to ~3 on the rear blocks and see from there if the limiter strap needs to go up a hole.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you, climb like a billy goat but still try to play like a 163. Ski lift, but not flipping over backwards.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Can anyone lead me through the optimal suspension setup on a G4 175? Im 200lbs + gear.

Ive noticed the dealer/factory has the limiter strap as loose as it goes, while my 165" had it tight.

Just looking for tips or suggestions. Dave Norona?

Like Casper says ride it first on stock, have had no need to change it...you are probably on 3 or four on front shocks and rear torsion

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Limiter strap all the way loose normal Dave?

Top Bottom