FXR monosuit weak knees

jonw

Reaction score
I recently bought an FXR monosuit, I originally loved the product, it kept me warm and dry and was also breathable. I wore this mono suit for 3 riding days and it's already got rips on both knees from regular riding. I took it back to hopefully get warranty because you'd think a suit that you wear only three times should hold up alittle bit longer than that but apparently FXR doesn't think so. FXR said that it is just regular wear and tear. I understand that wear and tear will happen except you'd think it would atleast last a season, maybe slowly start getting worn out or something not just three days... if a suit only lasts three days why would anyone want to buy FXR? I guess your supposed to get a new one for every trip or something? So to sum this up if your gonna be actually riding and not just sitting around don't buy an FXR monosuit, they have extremely weak knees and when you rip them they will not fix them for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonw

Reaction score
Ya I bought the FXR one for the colour but obviously that was a mistake. $650 to last 3 days. Come on

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
ya i bought the fxr one for the colour but obviously that was a mistake. $650 to last 3 days. Come on

sent from my iphone using tapatalk

take it to a seamstress and get the heavy duty material put onto the knees.... Probably only $50 t0 $75 to do ;) .... Problem solved

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Who did you speak to as far as warranty goes? I have been wearing FXR for over 10 years now and they have always stood behind their product with the couple small issues I have had. I also have a mono suit and have had no issues with it as of yet.

jonw

Reaction score
I bought my suit through cycle works south in Edmonton and they talked to the FXR rep, I'm not sure who it would be but he said that its just general wear and tear and there's nothing they can do. Like I said I like the suit but 3 days and both knees ripped is pretty bad. They need to reinforce those knees or something

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
I just made a call to my FXR rep for you and spoke to him about it. If there is a manufacturers defect where the stitching or something is coming apart, he will be happy to replace it for you. If it was from you hitting your knees on your running boards or something along those lines it is not covered. I have had mine since beginning of last year and it still is 100%

Top Bottom