Future sledders

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my Grandkids Christmas day on there new 120 she was so excited..couldnt hear the 120 there Dad had a Kitty Cat when he was there age .

Attachments

• KPs Kids on the 120.jpg
    KPs Kids on the 120.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 457

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
My Girls on their 120 last winter. It's getting used more and more all the time! Except now my 6 year old is complaining it's too slow!

My 3 year old girl just started riding my boys old 120 at Xmas. 20 min she was complaining it was 2 slow so I zip tied the governor spring again and now she's happy. That almost doubled the speed.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 3 year old girl just started riding my boys old 120 at Xmas. 20 min she was complaining it was 2 slow so I zip tied the governor spring again and now she's happy. That almost doubled the speed.

I'm maybe missing something, but mine has an adjustable throttle stop that I have maxed out. We are getting 10-12mph out of it. Is this max or can we squeeze more out of it?

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I'm maybe missing something, but mine has an adjustable throttle stop that I have maxed out. We are getting 10-12mph out of it. Is this max or can we squeeze more out of it?

On our Polaris 120 there's a spring from the carb to the governor lever. It goes from the carb to the exhaust side of the engine. If u zip tie the spring so it can't stretch you will get up to 20mph at Least. My pictures are to big from my phone to upload but I will try and resize and put one on.

raven-lunatic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a conversation!!! :) Just kinda warms the heart. It also proves we're all still a bunch of Kids. Rock on 120 riders !!!!!

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great to see the young riders getting a wonderful opportunity to start early! Here's pics of my little guy at 3 years old, then 16 years later at 19 years still riding his z120 after heavily modifying it! His younger brother is riding clean up. That z120 is the best sled I ever bought!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My one nephew turns 3 this summer. Is a 120 too big for him? I'd really like to get him a small snowmobile that can be passed onto his baby brother. :)

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My one nephew turns 3 this summer. Is a 120 too big for him? I'd really like to get him a small snowmobile that can be passed onto his baby brother. :)

A 120 would be the perfect size for him. My daughter is 3 and is just starting out. It is set so it goes quite slow (about 8mph) and she manages well in open areas. Each kid is different, but with the right guidance he would complaining pretty quick that it doesn't go fast enough! You would be a popular aunt!

Last edited:

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A 120 would be the perfect size for him. My daughter is 3 and is just starting out. It is set so it goes quite slow (about 8mph) and she manages well in open areas. Each kid is different, but with the right guidance he would complaining pretty quick that it doesn't go fast enough! You would be a popular aunt!

thats good to know, thank you. I've been keeping an eye out. I was hoping to get him one last year but a huge house reno prevented me. Maybe this year I can find one for him. He already LOVES sledding, haha. I have a video of me asking him what a snowmobile says...he responds...they say bwaap! lol!

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 3 and a half year old on his mini mod. When I bought it came with a "big boy speed and power" kit from Rec Supply. It's quick enough that I had to turn the throttle screw most of the way in to keep him at a safe speed until he is a little older.

In a different post I mentioned the addition of a remote kill switch from 3built.com. These things are awesome and simple to install! One push of a button and it stops your kid in their tracks from up to 200 feet away. Highly recommend.

EmEight

Reaction score
I went a different route. My now 6 and 9 year old have been on crf50s and have been driving my quad for the past two years. So I thought a 120 might be to small for them this year. About a week ago I picked up a 440 Indy lite for them. They love that thing and ride it constantly. I know it goes way to fast for them but I have given them a speed limit and they stick to it. But as stated above it depends on the kid if they can stick to a speed limit or if they are wide open throttle.

Last edited:

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my kids an SRX 120 for Christmas this year. My boy turns 6 in Feb and my little girl just turned 4 in Oct. He's a pro! Good throttle control and leaning and can get himself unstuck. My little girl stuck it in the fence twice and is now scared of it. I make her get on and she gets better and better every time. She still doesn't understand the throttle. Kind of like dad I guess, on or off only! Ha! They also love riding with mom or dad too.

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went a different route. My now 6 and 9 year old have been on crf50s and have been driving my quad for the past two years. So I thought a 120 might be to small for them this year. About a week ago I picked up a 440 Indy lite for them. They love that thing and ride it constantly. I know it goes way to fast for them but I have given them a speed limit and they stick to it. But as stated above it depends on the kid if they can stick to a speed limit or if they are wide open throttle.

I totally agree it depends on the kid . My grandson had a 120 when he was 4 then a 340 at 7 , next sled was a 440 at age 10 then a 550 when he turned 12. This year for Christmas at age 13 we bought him an 800 Rev 144. I know a lot of people are going to say it's too much for him but I have to tell you this kid did Motor Cross, rode the heck out of every sled he has rode and always obeyed our set speed limit and is an amazing up and coming mountain rider. We took him out for his first ride on his new sled just after Christmas and he had a lot of respect for the power. We also have a lot of rules for him to ride the "big boy"sled. He must ALWAYS wear his safety gear including his chest protector, he can't be out of our sight and he can not ride it with his friends until he can prove he respects the power of this sled. It is going to be a memorable day taking him to the mountains for his first time, we aren't sure when that will be as we want him to be very comfortable on his sled. It may be next year or the year after but it will be in the memory books :)

Top Bottom