Fuel consumption

hurtinalbertin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would hope not, my 13 is terrible, more fuel but less oil than my 11, are they not the same motors?

Same motor but different gearing. Not sure if they reprogrammed the computer or not. My 12 and 13 could get 100-110 mile with only adding 3gal. We did 90 miles and I was tapped after adding 3gal.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are going by the gas gauge then ya it looks ok they burn a pile of fuel. My 12 is just as good as my buddies 12 e-tech. I can do 80-100 km of mtn riding on a tank. I went on the Corbin poker rally last year and it's 100 km I burnt 30 litres.

Newgen

Reaction score
I did a 100 mile rally this weekend and ended up putting in WAY more fuel than everyone else. Had to add my 10 liter jerry can at 40 miles and still added 25$ At mile 60.... Not sure the total dollars spent after mile 100 because I didn't top up. My opinion is that there is a definite difference in my consumption in my '14 compared to everyone else...

catothom

Reaction score
My fuel consumption is as good as the connection between my thumb and my brain ;)
For trail riding and transportation to the trails I got really great mileage, but if I head out on the mountains or the forest, the mileage goes down really fast. Using WOT a lot and pushing the sled much harder has a huge effect on mileage for my 13 LTD at least.
But have no problem staying out a full day from 08:00 in the morning to 22:00 in the evening, and still have some fuel for a few hours riding the next day :)

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quite a bit harder on fuel, my 12 was decent on fuel. 60-70 miles to the tank mountain riding. The 2014 is lucky to get 55. And cat has a larger tank this year. Always have to have extra fuel around.

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
At New Years in deep snow in Mcbride (Renshaw) our group had a pretty could fuel mileage test day. We all rode hard. My sled, 12 TSS turbo M8 10psi boost, 12 Doo 800 with Boondocker turbo 12psi, 13 XM stock and 14 XM stock. At the end of the day all sleds were within 2 liters of fuel burnt. 😁👍. Haven't rode with a 14 M8 yet though. I tell ya deleting my oil injection sure made my sled run cleaner. No more slobbering exhaust, or smoked out enclosed trailers.

feetsbig

Reaction score
My 14 does seem harder on fuel than my 12 was,but the lower gearing and bigger track make boondockin so much fun I will gladly live with it

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At New Years in deep snow in Mcbride (Renshaw) our group had a pretty could fuel mileage test day. We all rode hard. My sled, 12 TSS turbo M8 10psi boost, 12 Doo 800 with Boondocker turbo 12psi, 13 XM stock and 14 XM stock. At the end of the day all sleds were within 2 liters of fuel burnt. . Haven't rode with a 14 M8 yet though. I tell ya deleting my oil injection sure made my sled run cleaner. No more slobbering exhaust, or smoked out enclosed trailers.

I don't mean to hijack, but what ratio do you mix your fuel and oil? I hate how my sled loads up when idling.

Top Bottom