frunt mount vs rear mount

Ironman Irmen

Reaction score
have rode impulse, alpine, mcx, and powderlites. Impulse and alpine respond the best, impulse's new stand alone fuel system sounds real cool. A true turn key and ride, you dont set anything or make any maps, just like a car it sets itself.

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The front mounts definately have a little better throttle response. Once you are moving though you really cant feel much lag in the rear mounts. Add timing control with Power commander and it is really close. If you run no headshim the rear mount have almost zero lag. Impulse definately has some new stuff to the market. Alpine is almost in your back yard, close and easy to get service.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a rear mount PL Stage II kit, which I thought has awesome response and zero lag until I tried the new Impulse pump gas w/ standalone fuel system...Paul has this system dialed! It responds like my '08 XP did:d

Super_Dave

Reaction score
I've had both. I now run rear mount. Although
there is slight lag in the rear mount, I prefer it. my front mount went up in flame cause of all the front heat. it was installed my Alpine motor sports. never again

boosted metal

Reaction score
x2 my last alpine front mount went up in flames last spring, now riding a well tuned 310 mcx and dont notice a huge difference.

Top Bottom