Frozen Beer!!

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I forgot about a case of beer in the back of my truck :eek: and it was -17 last night I put it in my garage temp +5 the cans felt frozen when I put them in.
Now they feel like normal.
I remember something about not drinking beer if it was frozen:rolleyes: (can make you go to the washroom lots)
I would hate to through out a case of beer:cool: .
Would you or have you drank frozen beer??:confused:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd think it'd be flat, can't imagine that it would cause you any damage though. If you're worried then make it your mooch beer. Feed it to that friend or neighbor that never buys when they stop by to borrow something.

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sound to me like you got something with it making you sick.If you want to send it down here,I'll test it for you to make sure it's ok.I promise to let you know the results.

BigDog67:ThumbsupMsn:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
When Hell Freezes Over.....I'll Ride There Too:Cool9:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
beer

DRINK IT. iT WILL NOT KILL YOU SO IT HAS TO BE GOOD FOR YOU.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I found this on the net.. From beerandhealth.com

Frozen beer unhealthy?

Inschenken.jpg
Question:It was Winter, there was this party and I put a drink out on the balcony to keep it nice and cold. I forgot to bring it back in. In fact, it was so cold that night that the beer froze solid. Is frozen beer fit to drink once it thaws, or is it unhealthy?
H.B.
Answer:Unhealthy? Certainly not. However, beer can lose no few of its more attractive qualities through freezing. Low temperatures may damage the taste-sculpting elements beyond repair. But that is not the same thing as saying that thawed-out beer is unhealthy.

RON :givemebeer:

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Frozen beer

I forgot about a case of beer in the back of my truck :eek: and it was -17 last night I put it in my garage temp +5 the cans felt frozen when I put them in.
Now they feel like normal.
I remember something about not drinking beer if it was frozen:rolleyes: (can make you go to the washroom lots)
I would hate to through out a case of beer:cool: .
Would you or have you drank frozen beer??:confused:

I have drank beer in a can,bottle,cup bowl,jar,jug,pail,glass & out of my hand. I even sucked up a spilled beer on the floor once or twice........But I have never ever was able to drink a FROZEN beer !......... Just making fun !

flatlandguy

Reaction score
frozen beer

you guys break me up:D I like the idea of keeping that beer for the moocher . I have drank "previously frozen" beer -- my advice-- don't drink too many of them or you'll pay!! From both ends!!!

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats kind of what I remember flatlandguy I will keep it and see how it tastes I for sure won't drink it all at once!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ice Beer

Hey, we're all missing the point here...... there was a time when "ICE" beer was the thing..... they actually use almost iced water to process the beer, so point being....Drink it, or like bigdog said, send it down here and we'll take care of it...... Garage party, what y'all think?? like Bigfoot said, drank it every which way but loose(or was that a movie?)!!! And like Shredder said, I too have drank frozen beer with clam(its like putting ice cubes in), and we actually cut the cans open and "chunked" it out. Easterbunny was right, the beer tonite was crystalizing in the can, but still went down good..... lol:D

GRD

Reaction score
I am not to sure that I know what the problem is!:twocents:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just had two that I think belong to "Rooster" from our trip (unloading sleds at summitric's tonight). Tasted just fine and would have even been better if I 'd have had four!!!
:D :D :D

Yep.....there's no doubt now that you've spent some time in my home town.:beerchug:

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
perspective

They say you can cause some 'unhealthy' damage to your sled if you push the envelope to far...and we still manage to do that!...don't let fear and good-sense interfere with a little risk!.
"go-on... drink it":shots:

p.s- if you do drink it, don't feel obligated to post pics

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Frozen twice now!

I put the case of frozen beer in my garage thawed it out then when I went back to work I shut off the heater and the beer froze again I tried one the other day and it has a real skunkey taste to it and there seam to be less pressure in the cans. It did not make me sick but sure does not taste very good any more.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Solution:
Have the next SnowAndMud gathering in your garage and offer up the first 11 beer for free. You'll look like a hero and if you start a sled just before we arrive we won't know the difference (two stroke smoke fixes everything).
I put the case of frozen beer in my garage thawed it out then when I went back to work I shut off the heater and the beer froze again I tried one the other day and it has a real skunkey taste to it and there seam to be less pressure in the cans. It did not make me sick but sure does not taste very good any more.

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Solution:
Have the next SnowAndMud gathering in your garage and offer up the first 11 beer for free. You'll look like a hero and if you start a sled just before we arrive we won't know the difference (two stroke smoke fixes everything).
Yep that sound like a good one. I agree totally with the smoke my syn oil leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and would cover up the taste for sure!

Top Bottom