front suspension set up

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 174 polaris and I softened the springs on the front end and the machine has really improved as far as laying it over in the powder but the ride down on the bumps has suffered. I have the stock walker clicker's that come with the le package. If I play with those setting's to improve the ride in the bumps will I interfere with the agility in the powder I have gained by changing the spring tension?

hardcorex

Reaction score
Just stiffen up your clickers for the trail down and readjust when your in the hills !

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just stiffen up your clickers for the trail down and readjust when your in the hills !
Yes that would be a lot quicker than playing with the springs...thanks

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 174 polaris and I softened the springs on the front end and the machine has really improved as far as laying it over in the powder but the ride down on the bumps has suffered. I have the stock walker clicker's that come with the le package. If I play with those setting's to improve the ride in the bumps will I interfere with the agility in the powder I have gained by changing the spring tension?

the springs sole purpose in life is to hold you and the machine a s set ride height. Witch you adjust once, usually with the weight of the machine. Typically you set for 1/2 to 3/4 inch of sag. Once set you should never have to touch those springs again, and you will look to the clickers to determine how much dampening you would like. High on the trail low in the pow. BUT...... the shocks will only work as good as they are valved. I dont know much about the axys because ive never owned one but most of the time the factory shaocks are crap and at the least need to be re valved or completely thrown away for a set of real shocks (elkas, raptors, exits, etc) If you run the spring to soft you have a risk of bottoming out on med and large events such as trail whoops, and with that comes the possibility of severe damage to the machine or even yourself if you loose control of the machine.
Hope this helps :beer:

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had mine revalved, while it didn't make them as good as the Exits i had on my doo's they are better than stock. From the factory the walker evans shocks are horrible. Cost me $100 per shock so pretty reasonable.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had mine revalved, while it didn't make them as good as the Exits i had on my doo's they are better than stock. From the factory the walker evans shocks are horrible. Cost me $100 per shock so pretty reasonable.

Was that the clicker or monotube?

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you get your re-valve done locally ?

miket7070

Reaction score
Just bought a new 174 and immediately removed the sway bar I'm not a huge fan of them, left the front springs alone and once your off trail in the snow set the clickers 4-5 clicks from full soft also set your ski stance narrow and absolutely loved the handling very easy to throw around.

Top Bottom