Frieght cost to ship a kids quad from Vancouver to Edmonton? How do they calculate $$

Landrew

Reaction score
Found a deal on a kids racing quad, a real one not a GIO or the like. Can't decide if I should drive there or ship. It's a kids quad I'm looking at, so under 250lbs, about 42" long X 44" wide. I was going to throw it in the back of a minivan and make it a really cheap trip. Problem is the driving time. I'm in no real rush so shipping may be the better option.

Maybe I'll check the "share a ride" adds and say "I'm a healthy male under 250lbs but I'm a really wide and short square type of person and I have a gas problem unless I'm drained properly. But I wont say a word or take any breaks, I'll just sit there in the back of your vehicle and not move the entire time, you can even strap me down."

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They calculate rate by cube or weight whatever exceeds . Try Overland they are about the cheapest and a good LTL carrier. Also Mustang or Sling Shot.[h=1]Overland Freight Lines Ltd

[/h] 15330 Yellowhead Trail NW, Edmonton, AB T5V 1A1
Get directions
780-448-9494

Last edited:

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buck a pound. generally.

Landrew

Reaction score
Thanks guys, ill make some inquiries with shippers listed and prepare for roughly $1 per pound.

I'd get a private person to do it but I'd need someone trustworthy and trust is low with a total stranger.......

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buck a pound. generally.

If the weight is greater than size, yes.

Try shipping big flat foam pieces at a buck a pound, they'll cube the shiz outta it.

Little quad will likely be taking up 2 skid spaces and need to be secured fairly well. Might be kinda expensive. Make sure you get the insurance...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, ill make some inquiries with shippers listed and prepare for roughly $1 per pound.

I'd get a private person to do it but I'd need someone trustworthy and trust is low with a total stranger.......

maybe give mach 123 on the site a shout, he is all over the country doing pick ups and deliveries. he may be able to help ya out.

Top Bottom