Fried M ECU-- How common?

hippiekiller

Reaction score
Posting for a friend who's 08 M8 crapped out last weekend....Started cuttting out and popping around 6500 rpm, and then started doing it down to half throttle....we went over it and found some reed problems, but it still ran the same.
To the dealer it went, who found some melted wires on the ECU and quoted him 1500 for a new one....does this sound about right?
Can these be sourced from suzuki or is it an AC only part?

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a-cat part only... were a a-cat yam and suzuki dealer... we've tried gettin these parts direct from suzu but no dice.

hippiekiller

Reaction score
does that price sound about right? What about the recall for those units on select vin #s?
I was reading about something like that..

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might want to try countrycat.com to compare $$. The US exchange is obviuosly very strong right now so its a good time to buy states side. When changing the ECU, I would also reccomend replacing the CCU at the same time. Good chance its what burnt out the ECU. Good friend of mine went through 3 ECU`s before he figured that out. Ouch ! Dealer reccomended replacing wire harness first time, guage cluster and servo motor for reverse second time, then finally the CCU third time.... or was it forth time? Anyways the first few times he got 150 miles on the sled before the ECU burnt. Do you know if the skid has been welded on? My friends issues started shortly after some skidframe repairs.

JustPinItFoxxy

Reaction score
Posting for a friend who's 08 M8 crapped out last weekend....Started cuttting out and popping around 6500 rpm, and then started doing it down to half throttle....we went over it and found some reed problems, but it still ran the same.
To the dealer it went, who found some melted wires on the ECU and quoted him 1500 for a new one....does this sound about right?
Can these be sourced from suzuki or is it an AC only part?

This happened to me last season, but I recommened looking around online, put a thread out and search threads for a used ECU. Snowest, on here, kijiji. That's how I got mine and it saved me a buttload of cash!

Top Bottom