freeze up on 2000 summit 700 hm

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
every time i get into the deep stuff it always freezes up and it really ticks me off, any pointers :realmad:

schmidda

Reaction score
Quite riding in the deep stuff. No that would be stupid.
Obiously snow is getting in somewhere, try closing your hood screens first.
If that doesn't work then the snow is probably getting in around the headlight or swirling in behind the windshield. Make sure all your foam pieces are in the right places and are sealing.

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i put duct tape over most of the vents , and we made a fine filter. but it still powers out and thats when i get stuck, do you think the boots are cracked.

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i put duct tape over most of the vents , and we made a fine filter. but it still powers out and thats when i get stuck, do you think the boots are cracked.

Sounds like a clutching issue

schmidda

Reaction score
In your original question you said it was freezing up. Is that true or is it just loosing power. You need to figure for sure if the sled is freezing or if it is losing power as you continue through the deep snow. Start by eliminating one of the problems. It sounds like you did some work on the intake side so have a look at the clutching like Reaper020 suggests. When was the last time you cleaned your clutches. I mean really cleaned them, taking them apart and using a fine emery cloth on all the metal to metal contact points. I do mine every 1000 km's. I have riden a 2000 summit 136 for many years and when I went to the mountains I would use the following configuration.
Primary Clutch:
Ramps - 293X
Spring - Purple/White
Arms - Stock

Secondary Clutch:
White Spring set on C4
50-44 helix

Gears
21-47

highlandrider

Reaction score
I had the same sled and in the deep powder I would lose power after playing for a few minutes. The cause was the snow would stay in the foam in the intakes behind the windshield. I put some SLP fabric around the foam and that solved the problem. When the sled started bogging down, just brush the snow off the SLP fabric and keep going.

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well it both because it will freeze up and then i lose power and get stuck. and we put panty hoes over the filters under the windsheild. then we put moer foam around it to seal the one under the hood.

Top Bottom