freeride shuts off every 10 or so minutes

Mark bigdog Mahan

Reaction score
so im riding and my 2011 800 freeride just has a ck ngn light come on and then about 10 or so minutes and it just shuts off. it is running perfect no un common sounds lots of power. and when it dies it will start right away. and then goes through the whole thing again. has anyone ever heard of this befor?

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should post this in the "Skidoos are the ONLY sleds in the whole world" thread, lots of die hards over there who will tell you how great your sled is and how sh!tty ALL the others are. :D

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should post this in the "Skidoos are the ONLY sleds in the whole world" thread, lots of die hards over there who will tell you how great your sled is and how sh!tty ALL the others are. :D

That's helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try taking the whole electric switch assembly off and putting dielectric grease on the plugs. Sometimes if you are in deep snow it can get packed in between the bars and the switch assembly and interrupt the connection causing the sled to die or go in and out of reverse. That happened to my brothers sled as well. Best of luck!

Mark bigdog Mahan

Reaction score
well i tried the vent first and that did not work. but if i move the headlight switch it shuts off right away. so i thawed it all out over night and started checking all the plugin connections and that didn't help anything. the dealer did a check on stator and it failed so im replacing it. and i hope that's it $ 637.00 thanks for your ideas.

p.s. I own 2 summit 800r e-tec's and 2 M8's and i have just as many problems maby more with the cats as i do the doo's

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow you need to update your meds.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pick on a Cat or Poo rider and that's ok in here but don't dare make fun of a DooDoo! You guys need way thicker skin :D
I don't get involved too much in that crap but I see more cat or poo riders beaking off then skidoo riders. Just sayin.

Mark bigdog Mahan

Reaction score
yea my 08 used one up as well. but the good news is brp said that there going to warranty this one cause that sled has "best" extended warranty PHEW!! it didn't use to cover that

Mark bigdog Mahan

Reaction score
yea my 08 used one up as well. but the good news is brp said that there going to warranty this one cause that sled has "best" extended warranty PHEW!! it didn't use to cover that

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

not surprising, everybody knows Skidoo's have the best "everything".

kootenaycat, care to comment?

Last edited:

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not surprising, everybody knows Skidoo's have the best "everything".

kootenaycat, care to comment?

Ha ha nah, it's a tough crowd in here this week :D

And for the record I own 3 sleds, all different makes and none of them are a Yamaha so I'm entitled to make fun of the big 3 ha ha!

Top Bottom