Free sled performance tips

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Post a vid of 30 seconds or so of you riding your sled in your favorite terrain. I will watch it and give you tips on how to get your sled to work better and beat your buddies.
I have nothing to sell and I try to recommend parts that I have personally tried or my friends have tried.
It will be fun, educational and I won't be mean, I promise.
It will keep us busy till the snow flies!

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only thing I notice is that the skis don't seem to stay up on the snow as well as they could but then I have never watched skis before. What kind of skis? The snow looks luxurious and champagny!

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice to see the second sled roll over as that shows that it is actually steep so your are forgiven for the crash.

Yeah that was a drainage we dropped down and had to climb out of. Buddy was poaching my track because it as DEEP! haha

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem: Low wfo pm, lazy backshift, lazy bottom and midrange. 7700rpm @92kmh.
Solution:Good-adjust clicker one to two clicks higher.
Better-Remove 1 gram, rebuild primary clutch, rebuild secondary with new bushing in sheave and helix.
Best-buy pfi572's Paragon secondary clutch and shaft, order a 55/61 turbo cam(helix) from Duane at Paragon. It will go 25% better. Rebuild primary.
Comments-the Clutching system is dirty or worn out and eating up performance. A 163 turbo should spin @7900-7950 at more than 92kmh.
Any option of the good, better, best will be very noticeable. The motor is rippin and running mint so that is half the battle is won rt there! Go for it!
c90f6c14b4a914360b9ccfb284929fbf.jpg

Last edited:

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Post a vid of 30 seconds or so of you riding your sled in your favorite terrain. I will watch it and give you tips on how to get your sled to work better and beat your buddies.
I have nothing to sell and I try to recommend parts that I have personally tried or my friends have tried.
It will be fun, educational and I won't be mean, I promise.
It will keep us busy till the snow flies!

Wicked idea for a thread! Good call Kanedog!

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem-losing rpm at Wfo, lazy backshift, kinda lazy midrange
Solution-
Good-Drop 2 teeth on top or add 4 teeth on bottom
Better-Add the above and rebuild both clutches including secondary helix bushing and sheave bushing, install new springs, clutch to 7900 on click 2
Best-All of the above plus diamond s hood for weight savings, 2 SLP breather holes on back of airbox, bump timing 1 degree, buy pfi572's Paragon secondary with a 52/42 helix, Tki belt drive with a 23/80 gears, 8 tooth Powderfreaks drivers, remove every second track clip if not done already, remove extra rubber nubs from track, change the clips that have a guide with plain clips.
comments-Option 3 is a turbo killer and that is the softest tree landing I have seen!
What could we do to this old turd to make it a lil faster, besides a Turbo? Haha That would be pretty fun though.

You can here the motor pretty good in this clip. Then I crash into a tree...lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0oePern7GA&index=18&list=UUQED1Hx_-ixXVGurKrFanfg

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem-losing rpm at Wfo, lazy backshift, kinda lazy midrange
Solution-
Good-Drop 2 teeth on top or add 4 teeth on bottom
Better-Rebuild both clutches including secondary helix bushing and sheave bushing, install new springs, clutch to 7900 on click 2
Best-All of the above plus diamond s hood for weight savings, 2 SLP breather holes on back of airbox, bump timing 1 degree, buy pfi572's Paragon secondary with a 52/42 helix, Tki belt drive with a 23/80 gears, 8 tooth Powderfreaks drivers, remove every second track clip if not done already, remove extra rubber nubs from track, change the clips that have a guide with plain clips.
comments-Option 3 is a turbo killer and that is the softest tree landing I have seen!

Thanks for the tips. I don't have that sled any more, but it was geared down 2 teeth from stock. Going down 2 more to 17tooth might have worked real good in those conditions. Would have been cool to try.
It also had the skidoo race hood. And some other stuff done.

Clutchs were most likely pretty dirty though haha
T3's work pretty good in deep snow.

Probably end up getting a 850 though.

Top Bottom