free 16% power increase for 2007 grizzly

ronan

Reaction score
For those of you who own a 2007 grizzly 700 efi, there is a way to increase your horsepower by up to 16% by simply reprograming the fuel mapping on the instument pod. I found this information on "atv scene .com" when I was researching information on the new grizzly. The information was provided by a factory Yamaha test rider. There is a video showing him doing drag runs on an eight of a mile strip an getting clocked with a radar gun.
With the the fuel setting at "0" which is the factory setting, he achieves a top speed of 51mph. By changing the fuel setting to the maximum "126", he achieves a top speed of 59 mph. These numbers are achieved with a GYTR yahama exhaust system and a stock air filter. Apparently, the top speed doesn't change due to the fact that there is a built in rev limiter, but you'll get there faster. He mentions that fuel setting between(100-126) it has a tendancy to stall while idling. This is likely due to the fact that the stock air filter doesn't allow enough air in to mix with the heavier fuel load. With an aftermarket air filter, idling and performance should improve. I'm not sure if this could hurt the engine(I doubt it).I personaly have kept mine at "0" until my engine is broken in and I can find an aftermarket air filter. In the video, he beats on his test ride very hard and claims to have
200+ miles on it with no issues. As for Yamaha , I'm speculating that they don't reveal this information due to potential liability issues.

Here is the procedure to change fuel mapping.

1. Key off. Hold " select and reset" and while holding them down, turn the key on. The "dIAG" screen will pop up in 5-10 seconds

2. Press select button to get it to the "Co" screen.

3. Hold " select and reset" again to get the "C1" screen.

4. Press "select and reset" again.

5. Press "select" to raise # and "reset" to lower #.

6.Turn key off to reset new fuel settings.

7.Start quad and drool!

happy trails to all!

Last edited:

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there was a little more power that you could feel right off the bat the back tires just wana grab makes it more easy to pop a wheelie, as for the top speed it went a couple k faster than what it did before . turning it up all the way to the max of 126 caused mine to stall more often and i found that staying between 80-100 worked the best, after you pass 100 there was not much of a change

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its stock but i am thinking about sticking a power tip on it and messing around with the air filter screen get a couple extra hp out of it

vkropodra

Reaction score
has anyone found out if this can be done on the 2008's. I tried it and it won't work, I get into the dIAG screen but it only lists d 0, d 3, d 4, etc. and I don't want to f**k it up when its only 2 days old.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I am not sure you might be able to ask a mechanic but they might not tell you.Ihave an 07 but it only has 90 k on it and the salesman who is a buddy of mine said wait untillit is broke in ,and it really didn;t make much diff anyway.I think a pipe and filter would be better. And since it is fuel injected a guy should be able to buy a chip for it .But i am not sure. Have fun!!!!!!

10pointslayer

Reaction score
this programmin thing does not work for the 08 griz i think you have to buy a pod mod.
However i did this modification to my 2007 grizzly 700, i cranked it all the way to 126, it makes the quad run more rich,and once it starts to heat up it just stalls out when you go to stop, go in reverse or anything where you arent giving the quad any gas, it was very annoying, im dropping mine back down to 60 or maybe less.

bigbore

Reaction score
this programmin thing does not work for the 08 griz i think you have to buy a pod mod.
However i did this modification to my 2007 grizzly 700, i cranked it all the way to 126, it makes the quad run more rich,and once it starts to heat up it just stalls out when you go to stop, go in reverse or anything where you arent giving the quad any gas, it was very annoying, im dropping mine back down to 60 or maybe less.

This is obviously an old topic and was wondering if there is any new info about the 08 and up pod mod? Anyone figure out if it can be done on the po

Top Bottom