Framing costs

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's why i didn't use that!!

Yea that's really insane. First time I heard of someone buying pre built walls though that aren't just a standard garage wall or something, you still saved a ton i'm guessing even though you paid someone to put it all together to? Seems weird, that 2 people can do it for cheaper and obviously still make money.....

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea that's really insane. First time I heard of someone buying pre built walls though that aren't just a standard garage wall or something, you still saved a ton i'm guessing even though you paid someone to put it all together to? Seems weird, that 2 people can do it for cheaper and obviously still make money.....
the company that i bought from does it quite a bit. they do apartments all the time too. all the walls come sheeted as well. we had the entire house and garage up in 1 day. then interior walls, floors, trusses and roof took a little longer. my package for all walls and trusses was $15 000 fro everything i got. pretty good deal actually

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the company that i bought from does it quite a bit. they do apartments all the time too. all the walls come sheeted as well. we had the entire house and garage up in 1 day. then interior walls, floors, trusses and roof took a little longer. my package for all walls and trusses was $15 000 fro everything i got. pretty good deal actually

What is the company name for the prefab walls? Also where are they located/how does one contact them for a quote?

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the company name for the prefab walls? Also where are they located/how does one contact them for a quote?
the company i used is from cochrane, called all-span. but pretty much most company's that do trusses, also do prefab walls. just call a truss company in your area, if they don't do prefab walls, my bet is they will know who does

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow I heard today jaymen is only paying their framers 4$ sq/ft :eek: Wonder why their drywallers hate working for them :rolleyes:

Pricing out my own house now, dang I can't believe how little it will cost, stuff has gotten pretty well priced. Except for electrical.....seems like they want to make a fortune to run wires :confused: O well....not hard to do yourself. And foundations....don't want to do it myself that badly, but no way i'm paying someone $50 a running foot and that only gives you 4 corners then it's extra :eek: Not going to pay someone $6500 to do a small 2 story foundation that will take them 2 full days with a couple guys, IF that....

Blu du

Reaction score
in MN i pd 20,000 cash for a 1750sq ft per floor. timber post frame covered porch entry and 2 decks framed. attic truss in the 3 car garage with an 8/12 pitch. all windows and doors set.

a standard rambler can be framed up here for as low as $6 a foot. garages as low as $4 a foot

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in MN i pd 20,000 cash for a 1750sq ft per floor. timber post frame covered porch entry and 2 decks framed. attic truss in the 3 car garage with an 8/12 pitch. all windows and doors set.

a standard rambler can be framed up here for as low as $6 a foot. garages as low as $4 a foot

We are thinking of running some timbers in our place. Who did you get your timbers from?

Blu du

Reaction score
We are thinking of running some timbers in our place. Who did you get your timbers from?

a local sawmill cut them and built the truss. i supplied the logs
this is the only pics i have
100_1600.jpg

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm also starting a house this spring. 1731 sqft walkout bungalow on my acreage. Once I get the plans I will give some framers a call.

Crow, do you work out around Ardrossan? I can send you the .pdf file once I get it. Fairly simple design.

Might have to start a house building thread, although a much smaller project than buck's sweet shack.

Brockster1000

Reaction score
My buddy has been framing houses for years did a few custom homes in acheson and is currently framing for coventry but he likes to the custom homes he likes the challenge, his names chris his phone # is 780-292-5851 he would be interested for sure

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm also starting a house this spring. 1731 sqft walkout bungalow on my acreage. Once I get the plans I will give some framers a call.

Crow, do you work out around Ardrossan? I can send you the .pdf file once I get it. Fairly simple design.

Might have to start a house building thread, although a much smaller project than buck's sweet shack.

We go where the work is...just send me a pm when your ready

Top Bottom