Fox Shocks?

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So got the news my 154" g4 is in. Now I dont want to deal with the ****ty x shocks that come with it. Skidoo sells the float 3s for them right from the dealer now. I got a pretty could price quoted to me but I am wondering if I should get the Float 3 evos. I have had the original fox floats way back on my 2007 summit and had no issues with them. Any input?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The evo's are better. Depends on how much you want to spend I guess.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not much of an air shock fan but they are still a big upgrade from the stock junk. I would run the evol over the float 3, much nicer to tune compression from bottoming out.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much is an Evo for the rear to save some weight over the shock and torsion spring on the doo.
Should cut 5# and ride better.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
air springs can leak, coil overs are usually a bit more adjustable too. Raptors?

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had a pile of shocks over the years. Evol's are quite a bit different than the regular Float's..significantly more linear and I like the ability to fine tune body roll with the Evol chamber when I'm not running a swaybar.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. This is exactly what I needed to hear. I am shocked that brp only offers the float 3 not the evo. I never use the swaybar. The reason I want them is cause of the horrible body roll on the trails up.
I've had a pile of shocks over the years. Evol's are quite a bit different than the regular Float's..significantly more linear and I like the ability to fine tune body roll with the Evol chamber when I'm not running a swaybar.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had both the regular floats and the raptors. I have never had the floats leak. Problem with the raptors I had was on cold days in the hills the reservoir would heat up and snow would pile up on it creating a huge frozen snowball. I didnt have luck with them. Im thinking maybe the exits without the reservours as well n
air springs can leak, coil overs are usually a bit more adjustable too. Raptors?

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ORRR here is a third option. Should i just try and get the factory ones revalved for a couple hundred. I heard it makes a word of difference.

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even if you buy the Fox stuff you should have it valved to suit you. Exit comes valved when you order, i put several thousand KM on Exit X1's with the piggyback and had 0 icing issues.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I was going to go the fox route you definitely want to go fox float 3 evol in either QS3 or RC2 in the front.

And in the back check out nextech s (Sherwood park) torsion spring delete kit using the fox float.

Nextech has all the custom valving figured out already, and can rebuild them in house.

Where the ones you order from skidoo or H2R are all factory valving.

If you are gonna go the coil over route check out elka shocks. Don't be overwhelmed by the different stages. 3 / 4 / 5 are all the same shock but have different adjustments.

Even a stage 1 or 2 are a massive step up over factory.

Be sure to compare that to other brands such as Raptor.

Raptor is an excellent shock, but only has a low speed compression adjustment, which lines up with the elka stage 3, but for about $500 less because Elka is a Canadian Company and our dollar is in the ****ter.

Then for the rear Redline Engine Performance out of Sylvan lake builds a coil over torsion spring delete with the elka shock.

They are also an elka dealer so you can call them for some advice/info.

(ZBroz builds a kit too) (USD$$$)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Dan who all makes a torsion spring delete with lockout cabability? Just raptor?

The Raptor Ace is the only one I've seen with a T-motion lock out. There could be others out there, not sure.

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have rc2 on my t3 and once u take a day to tune them you'll be able to set them better then any cool over I can set it for everything ... I build a tuning track on the farm with a few jumps and woops for tuning the ability to tune high and low speed compression is deadly ...well worth the money ...

Reaction score
Website
www.mbsuspensionservice.com
I have had ran multiple sets of shocks on the G4 this year and by far the best bang for your buck is a set of free ride shocks if you can find a set. They are the same length (17.5") but you need to press the old bushings out and install the new ones from the stock shocks. if you go down the path of floats make sure you get the evols.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Send your factory ones to enzo, you will get a freeride shock for the rear suspension.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had ran multiple sets of shocks on the G4 this year and by far the best bang for your buck is a set of free ride shocks if you can find a set. They are the same length (17.5") but you need to press the old bushings out and install the new ones from the stock shocks. if you go down the path of floats make sure you get the evols.
The G4 has the same front shock length as the XM????????

If so that is awesome, I can just get my zero pros rebuilt and then moved over from my 800 to my new 850.

Pending whenever they figure out all these issues.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told the shock body is longer on the G4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom