Fort Saskatchewan Snow Angels Trail

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's been many years since you had to fight off riders this early in the season....lol

Just want everyone to be safe and try to protect the fences of our landowners. Thanks Curtis NOV 9th and we have snow. Yea Ha

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We were out there today. Has some good snow but hunters in the fields and large field we use still have the cattle in there. Trail is a no go for another week or so. Sorry but thats how it goes early season.

Please if you need to ride head West of the city more snow and unlike the RCMP here in Stratchona County you can ride the ditchs

Last edited:
  • Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It happened peeps. Fence in the cattle pasture was opened and now the cattle are out. I have a upset landowner and hope this doesn`t get any worse or lead to trail closure. Come on people just because we got some EARLY snow doesn`t mean you can do or go wherever you want.
Please wait till December 1 before heading out this way please.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
are there signs up there Glen? if not then that might need to be done..I ride around here lots looking for coyotes but have permission ..All the people ask is if you open a gate,,CLOSE it,,pretty easy but common sense isnt the norm these days.

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
are there signs up there Glen? if not then that might need to be done..I ride around here lots looking for coyotes but have permission ..All the people ask is if you open a gate,,CLOSE it,,pretty easy but common sense isnt the norm these days.

Pretty hard to miss the fresh cattle tracks all over the field.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
True but like i said common sence isnt common these days..hopefully people take notice and stay out ..Cattle or horses dont like sleds either,,can break a leg and thats it for them then
Pretty hard to miss the fresh cattle tracks all over the field.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What is Bruderheim looking like right now can we sled there?

Do you know your way around there? Do you have friends that know the area? Are you from there? Best to go riding where you know the area. Farmers are getting upset with guys coming out here just to ride and not knowing wos land they are on. I`m thinking only time till the RCMP and Bylaws show up and cruise the area AGAIN

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Trails not open til dec 1

Rick thats a Saturday. We will be working on the trails that day and will put a message up when open. Trail to Bruderhiem should be open as long as the snow continue to fall.
South trails need trees removed before we can do anything. We have no idea whats it like in the 1/2 section that closed right now.
You coming out that day to help??

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK made a trip to Bruderhiem tonight. Wind has stripped the fields badly and hard drifts everywhere. Snow OK in the bush but open fields are skinny and rough now. Good thing locals have it packed down pretty good. Pipeline now crosses the trail so caution untill we sign the trail. Gonna be cold this weekend and hard to get volunteers to stand out in the cold all day. We will let you all know when we are up and running. Thanks for waiting

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Working on finishing the trail set-up on Saturday. If we can get some helpers out to the Staging Area for 9 AM that would be great. Staging Area is next to Elk Island Sales local Polaris dealer.
Come on out and help us get these trails open for all to use.

Remember to buy a trail pass and support where you ride

Top Bottom