Forster

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to Forster sunday Jan 18
None of the fresh from last weekend stuck around but we still had fun. There was an inversion up top so very sunny and got to see everything. What a nice cabin up there.
The current snow the way its setting up will provide a nice base for the next snowfall.

Doo Virgin

Reaction score
So was it all pounded out, or was there still so pow left to play in??How was the trail in? From the Cabin, threw the meadows and on the right side of creek----has that slid yet?????Pretty sketchy area!!!

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was harder than a parking lot in the meadows. I would guess half the big stuff has slid. The stuff that didnt was big time wind blown. The trail ride in was awesome, hardly any woops. You could tape the throttle down it was so good.
I wouldnt recomend going though until they get another dump. We found maybe 10" in the tree's with a bit of a crust on the top.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. We're coming up from Calgary this weekend for a birthday and my dad and I want to get my uncle out.... It doesn't matter to us what the riding is like, but we want to take him somewhere where he can make it home and actually turn 50 haha.

Would you recommend forster or going to the spot where Toby Creek Outfitters sits?

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would take him to Toby Creek as its easier to find the stageing area, nice view of the ski hill and a shorter ride in. Toby has a little meadow area but Forster has a way bigger meadow area (i would say its one of its highlights), however if he has never really been on sled before go to Toby Creek as you wont need much of a big area to have fun. Both areas are have safe trail rides (no avy danger on either trails IMO) and both are groomed well (Toby maybe a little better). Both have awesome cabins. Forster alpine area is 10 times the size of Toby but again i dont think that will matter if your uncle has never ridden. You will have fun at Toby.

knizer8hun

Reaction score
Hey guys I posted that as Sledslut... was on my buddie's comp.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll tell my dad we should go there.

I'm not too bothered where we ride, as long as the old guy feels comfortable on it.
The Toby Trail leads to Paradise, correct?

I'd like to come check out Forster when we can actually ride, but I heard there's not much snow out in Invermere/Radium yet?

Grubby

Reaction score
Ya Paradise would be a great ride for you guys, theres some stuff you can get into there, stay away from the rock band on the northwest side of the basin, cause seeems to me someone hill climbs then goes left and has no out except over 100ft rock band. But i don't think your grampa will be up there. Cheers

p.s. really nice cabin up there

knizer8hun

Reaction score
Thanks for the recomendations guys...
Went to Paradise (just dad and I) on Friday to see what it was like before we brought the newbie...
Trail up was very good and buttery, but you can't even ride up top!
The guides suggested if we want to climb, to go on the hills they blasted.

Haha he said that there would be no rocks because it was all covered by avy debree.
Thanks, Benjamin Franlin, but that slope would be hard as concrete, so we just left, and took my uncle to Silent Pass the next day.

For those thinking to go to "Paradise" to actually ride, I'd think twice.

Also, the staff at the Toby Creek office actually charged us full jam for 3 sleds to go up... $45 at 2 in the afternoon, when he knew full well it's a sh*** ride once you get up!

Not impressed, and will not ever hussle back to Invermere to ride, especially "Paradise" :rolleyes:

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
'Technically' I dont think that trail belongs to them. The $15 per sled is to park in their lot. We paid as well so im not sure if there is anywhere else to park up there.

How was the ride in to silent? I heard its about 50km.... How was the alpine once you got up there?

Bucky

Reaction score
'Technically' I dont think that trail belongs to them. The $15 per sled is to park in their lot. We paid as well so im not sure if there is anywhere else to park up there.

How was the ride in to silent? I heard its about 50km.... How was the alpine once you got up there?

Its actually 44kms in, was there a few weeks back and did the speedo thing from the staging area to the top of the waterfall.

Spector

Reaction score
In yesterday for the day. Nice blue sky day. Not much fresh but a great day. Trail was in good shape on the way in.

Nothing like hero snow to make you feel like....a hero;)

Attachments

• 02-08-09_1430.jpg
    02-08-09_1430.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 83

All4Traction

Reaction score
Well, I have the week off school (Feb.14th-22nd) and have a place to stay in Radium hotsprings, so i figure that forester area/ silent pass would be as good a place as any for me and my buddy to sled for the week.

I've never been out to this area and was wondering if anyone else will be up there this long weekend, or for the week?
If someone doesnt mind to show two tag alongs the area that would be great

im pretty much going in there blind for the most part.

Im going to arrive in Radium sometime saturday, will probably for a quick poke around in the afternoon, then do a full day of riding from sunday.

TroutHawk

Reaction score
Don't think the locals wanna share!
Almost wore my shovel out today.Still need snow but powder in the meadows is over the hood.

fullmont

Reaction score
Rode Forster today-Sunday. Snow was great! 3ft of powder in some areas, at least 12" everywhere. Lots of riders out, but there's still some fresh out there.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't think the locals wanna share!
Almost wore my shovel out today.Still need snow but powder in the meadows is over the hood.

no friends on powder days! gotta love days like yesterday!
we rode another spot:d:beer:

Pretty sketchy on the hills. Saw a couple avy's let go on small hills, small but still gets the heart rate up..... They were South east facing and wind loaded. the new snow is not bonded to the old crust. Both propagated at 2 different layers.

Saw some dudes rippin' up the big hills under a major cornice.... gave me the willy's watching them after seeing how easy the 2 slides came down earlier:confused:

Top Bottom