Forester Fun

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This weekend at Forester, had a great time!!! Got to look over the range at 9300 feet!!!!! What a view:d:d

Attachments

• Forester 2011 1.JPG
    Forester 2011 1.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 368
  • Forester 2011 2.JPG
    Forester 2011 2.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 369
  • Forester 2011 3.JPG
    Forester 2011 3.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 356
  • Forester 2011 4.JPG
    Forester 2011 4.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 356
  • Forester 2011 5.JPG
    Forester 2011 5.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 355
  • Forester 2011 8.JPG
    Forester 2011 8.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 351
  • Forester 2011 7.JPG
    Forester 2011 7.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 358
  • Forester 2011 6.JPG
    Forester 2011 6.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 354

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahhh, isn't that glacier out of bounds???

When we were paying trail fees at the trail head, the boys asked the guys taking the money, which were the president and vice president of the snowmobile club, and they said it was open for the weekend. If it was OB, we would not have been there. Now maybe we were not supposed to be there, but from the information we were given we thought it was okay.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seems kinda strange that they would open it 'for the weekend'.... were these signs still at the gas drop??
and davelaw, i'm really not trying to start an argument, but i know there have been some heated discussions about riding the glaciers in that area in the past, and i thought the conclusion was they were out of bounds. was everyone 100% clear on what areas both parties were talking about?

Attachments

• thanksgiving028.jpg
    thanksgiving028.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 223
  • thanksgiving029.jpg
    thanksgiving029.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 229

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like u could send it big on those wind lips in the third pic

Marty117

Reaction score
The signs were pretty much buried in snow. Maybe thats why they also didn't drop their gas cans off at the drop?

I was up there on Sat as well, it was spectacular.

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There were no signs at the gas drop, that I seen. We did stop there as some guys dropped some gas, and some us changed our clickers. Like I said before, if we weren't supposed to be in there, and we were, I'll know for next time.

Marty117

Reaction score
There were no signs at the gas drop, that I seen. We did stop there as some guys dropped some gas, and some us changed our clickers. Like I said before, if we weren't supposed to be in there, and we were, I'll know for next time.

Yeah, the signs were pretty much completely buried, they're right beside the hut at the gas drop. I only know cause I've been there when there wasn't a ridiculous awesome amount of snow.

Funny you mention holes, I helped pull a guy out who put his sled into the creek. Sled was in water that was knee deep, damn that must have been a cold ride out!

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the signs were pretty much completely buried, they're right beside the hut at the gas drop. I only know cause I've been there when there wasn't a ridiculous awesome amount of snow.

Funny you mention holes, I helped pull a guy out who put his sled into the creek. Sled was in water that was knee deep, damn that must have been a cold ride out!

We seen that guy at the cabin, he was soaked, so were his boots. He sat in front of the stove for about 10 min, didn't even pull the liners out of his boots. Pulled em on, bare feet in the boots, and was gone, pants, jacket, boots soaked. We couldn't believe that he didn't take more time to dry out and warm up any.

Marty117

Reaction score
We seen that guy at the cabin, he was soaked, so were his boots. He sat in front of the stove for about 10 min, didn't even pull the liners out of his boots. Pulled em on, bare feet in the boots, and was gone, pants, jacket, boots soaked. We couldn't believe that he didn't take more time to dry out and warm up any.

Yeah, I was surprised to see him at the gas drop so soon afterwards. I would have spent 2 hours in that cabin drying off. He was soaked to his knees, and soaked both his arms trying to pull his skies out.

On a side note, funny it happened to that guy, he was being an idiot on the hills earlier. We were shuttling to do a few ski/board runs, he was ripping right through where we were, himarking above us and being a general ass hat. Karma's a bitch I guess.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
marty... did they also tell you that the glaciers were open this weekend? was it like a blue light special at zellers? open for a limited time?? just kiddig with you now dave...

and yeah, the gas drop, the place where you drop your gas so you aren't carrying around extra gas in the town of radiums watershed. thats where the signs are. i agree they aren't placed at the right height cause i too have been in there when the sign have been covered. i guess someone from the club, or a kind tourist, may need to shovel them out once and awhile so we don't go places where we shouldn't be...

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Marty 111,

Yes that was me, the ass hat, that was in the creek. Thanks for the tug, I'd do the same for you. Karma is Karma, but in that case, I was keeping an eye on my first time rider buddy through the trees, looked up, and dumped in.

Hopefully the women you were with, were satisfied when we left "their" area. Come on, that was all it was about. As for marking above you guys, I'm sure you guys were stopped right there when you were tracking that area out earlier. And the boarders "area", yes I was in there. It was the only decent snow left where you were'nt on the verge of getting buried.

Lesson learned. First pig to the trough gets dibs on the entire area. I'll keep my eyes open for buddies, and make sure I leave them alone next time they're sitting around stroking each other.

Thanks again for the pull.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the women you were with, were satisfied when we left "their" area. Come on, that was all it was about. As for marking above you guys, I'm sure you guys were stopped right there when you were tracking that area out earlier. And the boarders "area", yes I was in there.

I didn't realize there was a specific ski and board area in the Forster Watershed.......:) LOL This is a pet peeve of mine - Can't understand why peeps will ski on the only sleddable terrain around and then wonder why there are sleds on the same hill and potential conflict. You see this in Golden all the time, peeps riding the limited sled terrain there, tons of tree lines to pick and they wanna carve the open sled hills right where the sleds ride. I don't get it. Shuttle to the top, ski off a few hundred meters to the sides, then make your run. Someone please enlighten me I guess because I see no reason to ski/board in the middle of the sled hills.

As for riding on the glaciers - I thought North Star and Catamount were off limits and any terrain above a certain height. Ask Pano-dude. He can tell you where you can and cannot ride. One of the club ex-presidents told us it was OK to ride up to the Dave White Hut too one time...... Maybe someone affiliated with the club can comment on the glacier issue.

The gas drop is called the gas drop because you gotta drop your gas there.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You see this in Golden all the time, peeps riding the limited sled terrain there, tons of tree lines to pick and they wanna carve the open sled hills right where the sleds ride. I don't get it. Shuttle to the top, ski off a few hundred meters to the sides, then make your run. Someone please enlighten me I guess because I see no reason to ski/board in the middle of the sled hills.

I can field this. Making turns in big alpine terrain is just as fun on a snowboard/skis as it is on a snowmobile. I ride trees all the time when at home, it's nice to ride open alpine terrain when we get to it.

Frankly, I'm not sure there is a huge difference in 'sled' hills or 'ski' hills.

Top Bottom