Fording Dec 3

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Made it over Fording yesterday. Bit of a challenge in a few spots with no base yet and some bare patches up top but worth it when you get to the other side.

Attachments

• 100_1102.jpg
    100_1102.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 395
  • 100_1104.jpg
    100_1104.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 379
  • 100_1106.jpg
    100_1106.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 379
  • 100_1110.jpg
    100_1110.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 376
  • 100_1111.jpg
    100_1111.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 379

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you get more than 4 miles out of that new arctic cat wonder how many people that has happened to them looks like a nice ride have to hookup with you this year

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you get more than 4 miles out of that new arctic cat wonder how many people that has happened to them looks like a nice ride have to hookup with you this year

Yeah we sure did. The new cat ran great.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't want to come across like a total pr1ck....... but that trail we set going over fording was totally wrecked on our way out.

we spent over an hour shovelling it in and making it nice hoping it would be set up all year (as has been done by the boys for the past couple years), and when we came out it was completly wrecked. the entire trail, from the creeks all the way to the pass was a mess. somebody was way to throttle happy and spun it out to dirt the entire way. we need to make sure we take care of the trails early in the season so that they are ridable all year, and now that one needs another 2ft of snow to fill in the holes so it can be repacked and started from scratch. and, i don't volenteer next time either. i can get through it in the worst of conditions and trench it like a sob if i really want too, but i respest it to much to leave it so sh1tty for the next person. i wish eveyone was the same.

when we broke trail over the pass (again) this year we packed a chainsaw to do it. luckily we only had to cut down one fallen tree when we went over, but it was seriously worse coming back over the pass because of so many trenches on the way back. we were choked. we got some really good pics of the bc side (3-5ft of snow with a great base - great wind lips, awesome tree riding, deep and fresh open meadows) but honestly, the ride out almost ruined the entire day for us and killed the spirit. maybe they'll get posted, maybe not, not really sure.

Last edited:

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for getting through and "trying" to establish a good base trail before it got ruined.We have our suspisions who did
it but like we said when we met you in the parking lot,don't want to point fingers without actually witnessing it.Nice to meet you guys and chat it up in the parking lot.

sapper33

Reaction score
Where is this? I bought my first sled this year, and am not really sure where to start looking for trails and people to ride with. Definitely want to get out on some trails before I show at a mountain as the stupid un-preparred new guy.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is this? I bought my first sled this year, and am not really sure where to start looking for trails and people to ride with. Definitely want to get out on some trails before I show at a mountain as the stupid un-preparred new guy.

this is 100km from my house in the south end of calgary - thats why i like it so much, it is so close. i go the back roads, but it is better to start on the highway to get there. go south on hwy 22 to longview, turn to the west (right) and follow that road till you hit the gate and can't go any futher. there will be a gravel highway headed south (on the left) from there. take that 5km and you are at the etherington staging area. lots of trails head out from there. lots of maps at all the trail intersections so it is nearly impossibly to get lost if you stay on the trail system. enjoy!!

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm in the same boat.....done lots of ditch running, but haven't hit mountains since I was 13......new sled, done avy training, need to break in nice and easy LOL...I'm in New Brighton so its an easy run for me to get to since 22X is right there......have buddies who ride Eureka, Golden and Fernie, but I'd like to start out a bit on the not so crazy side!...... :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom