Ford Recalls About 350,000 F-150s and SUV’s For Faulty Transmission Gears

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
When it comes to the words that automakers pretty much never want to hear or say, I would think that “recall” would be up near the top of the list. There’s nothing that deflates a bottom line more than repairing cars that have already been sold and getting absolutely no return on the money spent in addition to the impact that your brand could be taking when people learn about the shortcomings in your production. In a game where competition is high, you have to be on your game when it comes to designing a product that people are going to want to buy repeatedly and it isn’t going to come back through your doors at the end of the day for you to start wrenching on again.Recently, Ford announced that 350,000 of their vehicles in the 2018 lineup have been recalled for safety issues that are related to the transmission. In a variety of both Ford F-150s and SUVs, and several other larger vehicles like the F-650 and F-750 sporting both the 10-speed and 6-speed automatic transmissions, a clip within the unit hasn’t been securely fastened which is allowing them to essentially hop out of park after the driver has stopped the vehicle, allowing them to roll under their own power after operation. Hopefully, word will get out to the owners of all of these vehicles before the safety concern becomes one that escalates to more injury. You could see how, if left unresolved, this might be a cause for concern.Check out the video below that gives you just a little bit more information on what can be expected from this recall, thanks to the folks over at Roadshow who were able to get the inside scoop, and if you may be affected by this concern. If affected by this issue, it’s definitely something that we would recommend getting mended as soon as you possibly can!

Halon60

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2016 F-150 and I’m not surprised by this. I have had 3 recalls done on my truck in the last year. With the quality of this truck it’s no wonder there is more recalls.

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2016 F-150 and I’m not surprised by this. I have had 3 recalls done on my truck in the last year. With the quality of this truck it’s no wonder there is more recalls.

Are they that ****ty? I was thinking of buying one here pretty soon..

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my 2011 basic 5.0 6 speed XLT.

Only problems so far have been some paint peeling off the tailgate and twice now while driving down slushy dirty roads at temperatures hovering around zero the transmission shift linkage has frozen preventing me from shifting from drive to neutral or park. Have to wait for it to thaw out before I can move the shifter...has happened twice now. I might be missing a shield...don’t know.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was always happy with my f350s. But mine went in for a recall and I got a dodge 3500 back. Try a different ride for a bit.
The fords have always had a decent truck and great sales prove it. Of course there are the lemons, nobody wants one of them.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ram trucks have pretty much the same problem and recall out there as well except dodge has not come out with the fix yet ( or a cheap enough fix lol ) so they advise to always use the E brake
my 2012 3500 is one of them

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Ram trucks have pretty much the same problem and recall out there as well except dodge has not come out with the fix yet ( or a cheap enough fix lol ) so they advise to always use the E brake
my 2012 3500 is one of them

its going to be a software update apparently and its available only for the 17's at this time.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey yah that’s right, just got something in the mail to come in bla bla bla about the new duelly. I remember them saying to apply the e brake lol. Should get that looked at I guess. I usually dont worrie about it unless it’s broke. Have to ask about the 2012.
they all have there problems for sure.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my 2011 basic 5.0 6 speed XLT.

Only problems so far have been some paint peeling off the tailgate and twice now while driving down slushy dirty roads at temperatures hovering around zero the transmission shift linkage has frozen preventing me from shifting from drive to neutral or park. Have to wait for it to thaw out before I can move the shifter...has happened twice now. I might be missing a shield...don’t know.
I have the exact same truck...I'm not a ford guy but it's a decent little rig. haven't had the shift linkage issue yet.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have 2016 fully loaded lariat and really like the eco 3.5.
Good on fuel and cheap maintenance. 77000 kms
Switched to a GMC 6.2 but only because of price and have had before . Not brand loyal . Lol

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have 2016 fully loaded lariat and really like the eco 3.5.
Good on fuel and cheap maintenance. 77000 kms
Switched to a GMC 6.2 but only because of price and have had before . Not brand loyal . Lol

You'll like the 6.2 better , especially if you hook onto your boat , or pack/pull any weight.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One test drive of the new F150 gave me the impression of poor quality. Went in wanting the truck left disappointed. Bought a GM instead

Halon60

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One test drive of the new F150 gave me the impression of poor quality. Went in wanting the truck left disappointed. Bought a GM instead

Yes. You can feel the poor quality. The resale or trade in value proves this. I bought mine anyway (big mistake).

Top Bottom