Ford funds political left

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ford funds political left?

I know there's been boycott discussions over clothing manufacturers/outfitters on this site over publications linking them to enviro or lefty groups, but I stumbled across this and was kind of surprised. Then I did some Googling and found out it really shouldn't be a surprise.

The Ford Foundation is one of the largest funders on the political left, giving out over $560 million just in 2013. The Ford Foundation has funded everything from Sesame Street to the radical TV show Democracy Now.

In addition to finding literally dozens of far left groups with agendas ranging from environmentalism to abortion, the Ford Foundation is one of the premier funders of the open borders movement, beginning with its 1968 grant to create the group MALDEF, or the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund, as helping to creat the group National Council of La Raza. MALDEF and La Raza have become to the most influential groups in the US open borders movement. The Ford foundation is also been a significant funder for the ACLU and the National Lawyers guild, both key legal players in the fight for open borders.

Additionally, the Ford Foundation laid the intellectual groundwork for the modern open borders movement and its multiculturalist agenda with a series of grants in the 60s and 70s that created Women’s Studies and Black Studies programs at major universities across America. In a 1992 conference that Ford sponsored called “Cultural Diversity Enhancement” the closing speaker was Eve Grossman, a Princeton dean, who made the agenda very clear: “If we want to change the world, we have to change the students.”

From this article:
Panama Papers: Mainstream Media Focuses on 'Putin Link', Leak Group Funded By Pro-Open Borders George Soros - Breitbart

From Google:
Discover the Networks

Edit: to be clear, I am not suggesting a Ford boycott...I just found this interesting. (I have 2 Fords)

Last edited:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
although this foundation was started by the ford family since the 70's it has no affiliation with ford motor company..... keep driving fords

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
although this foundation was started by the ford family since the 70's it has no affiliation with ford motor company..... keep driving fords

Ah yesss....had I read more carefully in my own articles I would have seen this:
Just as its influence was increasing rapidly, the Ford Foundation became unmoored from the conservative views of the Ford family. In 1951, it began to receive millions of dollars in dividends from the massive endowment of stock that had been bequeathed to it by Henry and Edsel Ford, almost overnight transforming the Foundation into the country’s largest and most influential philanthropy.

Top Bottom