Ford 6.4 ATF leak

uninc...

Reaction score
Truck has 135 000 kms. Was checking things out before going on a trip and noticed a leak. So I popped off the rubber plug on the front of the bell housing and it's full of ATF. I'm assuming at this point either transmission or torque converter blew a seal. Does anyone have experience with this? I'm assuming I don't want to do this job on the floor in my garage. How long should it take a mechanic to fix?

uninc...

Reaction score
Yeah. Do you have an idea how long it takes to drop the tranny, put in a new seal and put it back together?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep.

Lots and is a big job.

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
time depends on year,make,4 or 2 wheel drive etc, most likely is the pump seal,should check front pump bushing or seal could have a repeat leak

uninc...

Reaction score
its an 08', I dropped it off at hart transmission. Turns out torque convertor is cracked so now I have to decide if I want to replace it with rebuilt oem or spend the money and get a good billet one. any opinions on Torque convertors out there? where in edmonton to get a good one?

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go suncoast, you wont ever have to worry about it again dont need a tripple disk unless u plan on putting big hp to the truck in the future
lacustoms (edmonton) or ripit customs (sherwood Park) or dirty diesel (reddeer) should be able to get you one pretty quick

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Call dj at clutch & grab..... Site sponsor and great place to deal with 780 413 3170 .... He'll get you fixed up!!!

It shouldn't be any more than 6.6 hours to r&r torque convertor .......

uninc...

Reaction score
Well I'm going with either Suncoast or the RCD ultimate TC. Hopefully they like doing 4wd boosted launches more than the stock TC did haha.

uninc...

Reaction score
No one in Edmonton selling either of these units (that I could find). ended up buying the RCD converter from Dirty Diesel in red deer.

uninc...

Reaction score
well just got truck back over a month later. Hart Transmission sucked in every way.

Top Bottom