For All You EFI Guys Out There.....

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I got a 1993 AC MC ETX550 EFI, my question is, Can I remove the Whole Air-box Assembly and replace with 3 Small cone style Filters??? Reason for asking..... Doing Steering post mod, have to relocate computer, figured pulling the whole air-box and mounting the computer lower in the chassis...\

Will this make fuel/air issues with my sled??? will the EFI make changes or compensate for the different airflow??? Thnaks guys AWESOME SITE!!!
Powder Special A-arms, Spindles, Shocks and Ski's

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I got a 1993 AC MC ETX550 EFI, my question is, Can I remove the Whole Air-box Assembly and replace with 3 Small cone style Filters??? Reason for asking..... Doing Steering post mod, have to relocate computer, figured pulling the whole air-box and mounting the computer lower in the chassis...\

Will this make fuel/air issues with my sled??? will the EFI make changes or compensate for the different airflow??? Thnaks guys AWESOME SITE!!!
Powder Special A-arms, Spindles, Shocks and Ski's

i dont like air pods, and it will definitely give it more air.....
air pods are more likely to cause snow ingestion than anything an of the guys with engine issues more have pods on than not....imo....
good luck...

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont like air pods, and it will definitely give it more air.....
air pods are more likely to cause snow ingestion than anything an of the guys with engine issues more have pods on than not....imo....
good luck...

Well said..... especially on an older EFI. They can really screw up the EFI's job.... Steer clear from them there pods!

Top Bottom