Fog Lights

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow. The horse has been beaten to death in this thread. I'm surprised it got as far it has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jesh dont get your panties in a bunch there missy your a bit of a hipocrit you run HID'S? So whats so difference between you and I? I have them set up correctly (in the projector housing yes i know you need these to properly focus the beam so it does not scatter and blind other drivers).

So take a chill pill sit back relax

As far as i quote "I can only hope that you are somehow involved in the accident that may one day occur because of your actions" grow up and give your head a shake why would you ever wish that on anyone? to make a point? I wish no harm to anyone and thats just plain aweful and immature to say treeroy go back to your "first nations" we dont work that way here.
sometimes the only way to get through to hammerheads like you is brutal truth, sorry if I made you cry. I put on a lot of miles every year and see hundreds of irresponsible drivers like you that have no regard or common courtesy to other people on the road. you meet traffic with anything other than your low beams on, you're a dick. plain and simple.

FYI....I did months of research on what the law says in regards to HID lighting. mine are done right, and 100% legal. And I never meet other vehicles with driving lights or fog lights on....because it's against the law for a reason. that's the difference between me and you.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
right or wrong if you blind an oncoming driver and he swerves into your lane, your going to die. just because you didn't turn your lights down, or thought you'd put your lights on high just before going by.. seen this so much it is dangerous, not very good outcome, ask Arff he sees the outcome almost every day. stupid never lives long. only they usually take someone with them. just turn the lights down and live a little longer.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No "fog lights" on my truck as it wasn't factory equipped, although I wish I had them for chitty driving conditions. My opinion is... Run what you want I guess, but don't bitch if/when you get a ticket. Probably 80% of vehicles on the road are performing illegal activity in one way shape or form. If that's what keeps you up at night... Cool but I know I don't lose sleep over someone with decent light on their rig. If used with a little courtesy it won't harm anyone. But... That's a big "if".

Sent from my eYefone using Tapatalk

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U guys wouldnt have a problem with me, i dont use lights.....ever! DA DA DAAAAAA

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I read through all this, but there is some interesting info. Deffinetly info I can use to search when I buy new lights.

Biggest issue I can see is the lack of respect towards other sledders, forum members and anyone else on the road. I don't care about anyones "fog" or driving lamps. For the most part, OEM lamps will not be a hazard. HID's aren't much of a hazard but more of a nuisance when driving in smaller vehicles. I absolutley refuse to drive anywhere in my girlfriends car because I hate having the lights shine in the back window when I am driving. I try to think about that when I drive behind someone in my truck.

I have a bull bar with PIAA's that have both fog and driving lamps. I don't have them on my high beam as they are mounted lower and more effective when used with the low beam. I can use them on High beam as well. I do switch them off when approaching on coming traffic as they are 85w bulbs. My factory fogs are useless. Not even a good ditch light and again like mentioned, by the time I see whats in the ditch its too late.

Some of the posts with the fawk everyone else attitude tends to show some peoples true colors. If this is your attitude towards something as simple as "fog" lights, its no wonder some people have a negative perception towards sledders. I still think the lack of mud flaps are a bigger issue, but hey, fawk me right? What do you care that its my windshield getting blasted when you past me at 140 with your dirty max. I have seen people ticketed for it, but the cops have way better things to be doing.

If we can't all agree that the fruit boarders heading to the mountains in their AWD SUV at 150km on fresh all seasons is more of a hazard then I guess we can't get along.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sometimes the only way to get through to hammerheads like you is brutal truth, sorry if I made you cry. I put on a lot of miles every year and see hundreds of irresponsible drivers like you that have no regard or common courtesy to other people on the road. you meet traffic with anything other than your low beams on, you're a dick. plain and simple.

FYI....I did months of research on what the law says in regards to HID lighting. mine are done right, and 100% legal. And I never meet other vehicles with driving lights or fog lights on....because it's against the law for a reason. that's the difference between me and you.

teeroy i bet if you and me drove side by side towards a sunfire it would look pretty much the exact same so get off your high horse your HID'S are 100% legal HA your so full of ch!t again theres that double standard with you

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Wow, 9 pages and 87 posts! Must be a hot topic. It is a hot topic and bright topic.

I read them all.

I drive a lot of animal infested roads with a lot of traffic. The oncoming traffic can easily be in a string of 16 vehicles long with semi's, service trucks, cars & pick-ups and then a break for maybe 500 meters and another stretch of 16 vehicles; and so on and so for 60-70 kms.

A guy does what he has to doo. I hate the brights and newer "blue bulbs" as well as those that are aimed improperly.

I have learned to slow down in the animal infested areas and use my factory lights. I also keep the lens covers cleaned; even if I don't require fuel, I'll stop in an clean the headlights.

But then again, chit happens......and maybe those bright lights may have helped?? I don't really think so and IMHO, no amount of legal lights would have prevented this one.....oncoming traffic, elk coming out of the ditch on my shoulder and deciding to cross the road. I was at 60 kmph for $8000+ worth of damage.

Elk damage Jan 2010.jpg

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
teeroy i bet if you and me drove side by side towards a sunfire it would look pretty much the exact same so get off your high horse your HID'S are 100% legal HA your so full of ch!t again theres that double standard with you
high horse? hey Mr fire dept cop ass kisser, you know nothing about my setup. you would think someone in your position might have some respect for the laws instead of thinking he can bend them because hes "in" with the local law enforcement.

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I 100% disagree. They do give you a better view right in front of you. But the best of all they give you a wide view area.
so you are worried about seeing right in front of you in good weather for what? I for one in good weather am worried more about whats not right in front of me, but farther out. you nailed the reason why they are a visually irritating to on-coming drivers....... wide view area. you think the wide view area is only to the right side of the car?

I agree
And why can't you just look to the right shoulder and stop whining? My manual refers to them as auxiliary lights not fog lights. Yes it's courtesy to dim your high beams there aimed higher...driving lights are not. I've checked the aim of my driving lights and there beam shines lower than my low beams so if they bother you it's because your staring at them that's not my fault learn where to look.

why should anyone turn off their high beams? if they know where to look they should be golden.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, 9 pages and 87 posts! Must be a hot topic. It is a hot topic and bright topic.

I read them all.

I drive a lot of animal infested roads with a lot of traffic. The oncoming traffic can easily be in a string of 16 vehicles long with semi's, service trucks, cars & pick-ups and then a break for maybe 500 meters and another stretch of 16 vehicles; and so on and so for 60-70 kms.

A guy does what he has to doo. I hate the brights and newer "blue bulbs" as well as those that are aimed improperly.

I have learned to slow down in the animal infested areas and use my factory lights. I also keep the lens covers cleaned; even if I don't require fuel, I'll stop in an clean the headlights.

But then again, chit happens......and maybe those bright lights may have helped?? I don't really think so and IMHO, no amount of legal lights would have prevented this one.....oncoming traffic, elk coming out of the ditch on my shoulder and deciding to cross the road. I was at 60 kmph for $8000+ worth of damage.

View attachment 116799

I had the same luck this summer, pulling my 5th wheel and a 2 place trailer behind it loaded with the quad and dirt bikes....coming around a left hand curve at night and a deer popped out of the left side tree lined ditch, no amount of special illegal off-road lighting would have spotted him coming from that side. $8000 in repairs....I now have an aluminum Herd bumper. $3000 for a little peace of mind on the highway.

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drive both a car and a 1 ton truck and yep run my fog lights, now if I am right behind someone for a long time I'll shut them off. When I drive the car or truck I am never concerned with anyone elses fog lights, I never blind them with my hi beams at the last second. Really what is worse hammering someone with hi beams as they go by you for having fog lights on, or having fog lights on? like really boy you sure got them good, bet you feel so much better, grow up. And I also dont believe it is illegal or I forsure would have been ticketed by now.

Last edited:

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
high horse? hey Mr fire dept cop ass kisser, you know nothing about my setup. you would think someone in your position might have some respect for the laws instead of thinking he can bend them because hes "in" with the local law enforcement.

Is he in law enforcement? Becuase if you look up the traffic act, any modification to the headlights of the vehicle is illegal unless it came that way from factory. So hid retofit kits are illegal but enough with this s$%%T!. People have all the offroad, hids, projectors, candles, wife strapped to the hood holding a flashlight, a fire on your hood,lighthouse in your box, etc that you want, BUT BUT BUT!!!!f you have these lights etc and approach on coming traffic, dim your f$%kin lights PERIOD! Aim your lights as best as possible and to the others that stare at oncoming car with bright lights.....DONT LOOK AT THEM! plain and simple...Did that cover it all? Fine. Mods please close this!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
.....Some of the posts with the fawk everyone else attitude tends to show some peoples true colors. If this is your attitude towards something as simple as "fog" lights, its no wonder some people have a negative perception towards sledders. I still think the lack of mud flaps are a bigger issue, but hey, fawk me right? What do you care that its my windshield getting blasted when you past me at 140 with your dirty max. I have seen people ticketed for it, but the cops have way better things to be doing.

If we can't all agree that the fruit boarders heading to the mountains in their AWD SUV at 150km on fresh all seasons is more of a hazard then I guess we can't get along.

Well said. Some attitudes are disgusting, no wonder we are fighting a losing battle with sledding areas/access and public opinion.

Seems to be lots of whiners whining about the whining - if you don't like it, piss off, no ones forcing you to read.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is he in law enforcement? Becuase if you look up the traffic act, any modification to the headlights of the vehicle is illegal unless it came that way from factory. So hid retofit kits are illegal but enough with this s$%%T!. People have all the offroad, hids, projectors, candles, wife strapped to the hood holding a flashlight, a fire on your hood,lighthouse in your box, etc that you want, BUT BUT BUT!!!!f you have these lights etc and approach on coming traffic, dim your f$%kin lights PERIOD! Aim your lights as best as possible and to the others that stare at oncoming car with bright lights.....DONT LOOK AT THEM! plain and simple...Did that cover it all? Fine. Mods please close this!
he is a volunteer firefighter, and has a history of running to his cop buddies trying to be a upstanding citizen. believe me, I have researched the HID issue and it is legal as long as they are DOT/SAE approved for use in North America. mine are exactly that and even aimed lower than the aiming requirement to ensure they are not blinding (my shop is an approved vehicle inspection facility). you cannot put HID bulbs in a stock headlight housing. that is modification to stock headlights and 100% illegal. just like meeting traffic with fog/driving lights illuminated. ILLEGAL....but some have the attitude of "too bad for you, I like to see..." ....fawk those people. ignorant and dangerous.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he is a volunteer firefighter, and has a history of running to his cop buddies trying to be a upstanding citizen.

Wow you sure seem to know a lot about me Yes i am part of a Fire Dept and yes i do have friends that happen to be R.C so whats your point teeroy? i dont hang with certin people and i give back to my community your making this way to personal buddy. As far as "running to my cop buddies" i have no idea what you mean by that so please do explain.

I dont know you from a hole in the ground but you sure seem to be interested in me.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure its not the Doo owners causing all these issues.......

hehehe....

stir stir....this thread is going down hill guys.

Top Bottom