Fog Lights

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As I drove home from the hills last night, I couldn't help but notice that almost every truck carrying / pulling sleds had the auxillary foglamps on. Not to be an a##, but fog lights are for fog - not clear road conditions - they are very hard on the eyes when coming up in the rear view mirror. Also, for those of you who insist on keeping them on, perhaps it would be nice if you aimed them properly with the truck loaded so they are't pointing too high. In the past I was cautioned by an RCMP for using them, as he stated only one set of lights is legal. Can anyone confirm if this is law? Cause if it isn't, at least I can turn mine on - maybe other drivers will get the picture. Thanks, be safe out there.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As I drove home from the hills last night, I couldn't help but notice that almost every truck carrying / pulling sleds had the auxillary foglamps on. Not to be an a##, but fog lights are for fog - not clear road conditions - they are very hard on the eyes when coming up in the rear view mirror. Also, for those of you who insist on keeping them on, perhaps it would be nice if you aimed them properly with the truck loaded so they are't pointing too high. In the past I was cautioned by an RCMP for using them, as he stated only one set of lights is legal. Can anyone confirm if this is law? Cause if it isn't, at least I can turn mine on - maybe other drivers will get the picture. Thanks, be safe out there.
The factory fog Lights in the bumper are like a Park light Basically useless not sure what ur upset about

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always drive with my fog lights on. I can actually see the ditch and out into the fields that way. If I'm following someone, I'll turn them off, but there has been several times people I meet on the road flash their fogs back at me. I don't get that. Look at your shoulder of the road, not mine.

sent from a phone

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The factory fog Lights in the bumper are like a Park light Basically useless not sure what ur upset about
they are brighter than "park lights" man, and it is against the law to drive with fog lights on in clear conditions. I wish it was enforced....they don't come on when you turn your lights on for a reason. you have to make them come on by turning them on, for fog....not because you think they look cool. they are designed to light the road immediately in front of your vehicle, they do not serve any other purpose than to illuminate the road in fog so you can see the lines. and fawk all the douchebags that convert them to HID and drive around with them on.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are brighter than "park lights" man, and it is against the law to drive with fog lights on in clear conditions. I wish it was enforced....they don't come on when you turn your lights on for a reason. you have to make them come on by turning them on, for fog....not because you think they look cool. they are designed to light the road immediately in front of your vehicle, they do not serve any other purpose than to illuminate the road in fog so you can see the lines. and fawk all the douchebags that convert them to HID and drive around with them on.

100% agree. If people are flashing you then your lights are in their eyes, no matter where they look. You are a hazard to others. Also agree with original poster on this, learn to turn them off. Fine if you wanna drive with them on in the countryside when no one else is around, learn to turn them in when in traffic because they don't do jack sh!t.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see the problem, just drive in front of them with your lifted up Ford with no mud flaps. The rocks will take care of the fog lights, and their windshield. :)

Is it cooler to not have mud flaps anymore?

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wont lie im one of those a$$ holes that do that. To bad guys i like to see i run 55W HIDs high/lows and in my fogs heres the real kicker i have the relay that lets me even keep my fogs on when highbeams are on. My lights are all aimed correctly and right within spec.

Its an open market go buy some real lights you will never regret it and the day you own them is the day you quit cursing everyone else that has them.

P.S dont run mud flaps either :cool: spent all my extra cash on lights.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wont lie im one of those a$$ holes that do that. To bad guys i like to see i run 55W HIDs high/lows and in my fogs heres the real kicker i have the relay that lets me even keep my fogs on when highbeams are on. My lights are all aimed correctly and right within spec.

Its an open market go buy some real lights you will never regret it and the day you own them is the day you quit cursing everyone else that has them.

P.S dont run mud flaps either :cool: spent all my extra cash on lights.
this is what's wrong these days. me me me....fawk everyone else

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never once said that may have implied it. Just said to bad if you dont like it i want to see go out and buy some then you can flash us your highs back.:cool: You ever drive a 05 dodge with stock lighting?? might as well have 2 candles lit infront of your truck
it's not only that I don't like it, it is against the law for a reason. I have HID's and projector housings, and properly aimed them so I can see well and not blind other drivers. it is a safety hazard to all the other people on the road just so YOU can feel more comfortable driving in the dark at the expense of others vision. implied or not, it's exactly what you are saying. it's an immature attitude, and I can only hope it doesn't cost someone their life so YOU can feel better about driving at night. I can only hope that you are somehow involved in the accident that may one day occur because of your actions, and that you are found at fault for running illegal lighting, and prosecuted to the full extent of the law and lose every fawking thing you worked hard to accumulate. but we will never hear about that part, because selfishness and the resulting consequences are never heard about from those that spout about their unlawful practices.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jesh dont get your panties in a bunch there missy your a bit of a hipocrit you run HID'S? So whats so difference between you and I? I have them set up correctly (in the projector housing yes i know you need these to properly focus the beam so it does not scatter and blind other drivers).

So take a chill pill sit back relax

As far as i quote "I can only hope that you are somehow involved in the accident that may one day occur because of your actions" grow up and give your head a shake why would you ever wish that on anyone? to make a point? I wish no harm to anyone and thats just plain aweful and immature to say treeroy go back to your "first nations" we dont work that way here.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also run my foglights on at night on the highway as I know how important good lighting is!!! it's a foglight guys there honestly not that bright they help out just enough to see the lines a bit better in front of you but there not these big bright things that are blinding people to point were people cant see and are hitting the ditches! but like said in other posts Put a set of nice lights on do yourself a favor and trust me you wont be complaining any more about bright lights! as for the lights being illegal except for on a foggy days that is a myth as i have seen the cop cars and trucks driving around with fog lights on! as for the me,me,me comment yes I care about others on the road and there safety it is the last thing I wanna see/or cause is an accident but like said before its a fawking fog light guys!!!!!!! it's not like some guy is coming towards you with a ton of aftermarket lights that look like a christmas tree! the best part about this is the factory fog light bulb is 55watts my rigid dually series lights wich are only 15 watts each and are twice as bright are deemed dot approved as a factory foglight replacements making them fully legal lights! and yes all my lights are aimed properly as my truck is stock height. If I drove in town more i wouldnt worry about having good lights cause there not needed but I dont drive the city much I drive the highways and country roads were you need to have good lighting especially with all the elk and deer popping out of the ditches on the way to the sledding areas! its safer to have good visibility then to not have good visibility!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and yeah wishing an accident against someone is the most fawking immature response I have ever heard like seriously your telling dez to grow up over haveing bright lights maybe you need to grow the fawk up and not be wishing personal injury due to car crashes like seriously man I said that kind of stuff when i was 4 grow up already!

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont drive with fog lights on. They totally annoy me on other vehicles and dont make a sh@t of a difference when I turn mine on. I am one of the asshats that flashes you last second when I do meet you and you have fog lights on. If you come up behind me with your fog lights on I will turn mine on for a minute while your ahead of me, I have upgraded the bulbs so they will blind you more than my high beams.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doesnt bother me much when i get brighted I know I have stock headlight bulbs and legal fog lights so as long as the setup i have is legal i will run it! you must have pretty crappy lighting if your foglight bulbs are brighter than your highbeams! even my upgraded legal foglights wich are bright arent as bright as my stock highbeams

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just took a look through the 2011 dot approval book as I have 1 sitting in front of me at our nissan dealership and NOWERE does it state that running of foglights is illegal!!!! it only states for lighting that you must have atleast 1 set of lights on at all times wether or not low beam,fog light, or marker light 1 set of lights MUST be on! also no lights above your hood can be showing without covers on them. all aftermarket lights must have a DOT approval stamp or sticker on them to be legal in canada. but there is nothing stating that fog lights are illegal to run during clear days/nights or in town. so basicly it is 100% legal to run your foglights when driving!!!!!

Top Bottom