Foam creek skiers cabin

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
008.jpg
I took this pic of the skiers cabin at foam creek a couple of month ago and thought i would post it for sledmamma as she wanted a cabin at the grail.
This little jewel is strictly out of bounds for sledders and i took this pic from the ridge line to the north.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've road in that area. The open area's that is. It was an absolute blast. I beleive that this area is now open under special provisions that you must be a member of the local sled club. The gov looks at it in the asprct that there will be alot less traffic in there this way so it'll be better. I may be wrong on the closure but not sure. To gind out for sure send LEXY a pm or post on the blue river thread and ask.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where the cabin is in caribou clousure.and i belive there is a agreement with the skiclub as well. the snowmobile area is member controlled area.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a pic from fam area that is in the area that can be ridin if you are a club member.

Attachments

• 100_0180.jpg
    100_0180.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 102

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 51171
I took this pic of the skiers cabin at foam creek a couple of month ago and thought i would post it for sledmamma as she wanted a cabin at the grail.
This little jewel is strictly out of bounds for sledders and i took this pic from the ridge line to the north.

Yup scotts, that is exactly what I want... will you help me pack the windows up that first chute into the Grail??

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so if you are a local member you can ride in that area? Can you ride down on that lake or are you only restricted to the upper lake area? Reason i ask is i was there 8 or so years ago in the summer and would like to go check it out again.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I belive the cabin area is completly off limits to snowmobiles,regardless of club membership or not as it is within caribou clouser.

05snopro440

Reaction score
I belive the cabin area is completly off limits to snowmobiles,regardless of club membership or not as it is within caribou clouser.

The cabin area is off limits to snowmobiles and the rest of the area is now on limited access. The cabin area access is limited to telemarking.

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there is a date of April 15 for both the Cariboo sensitive area and for access to the Monashee Lodge.

Not 100% but confident...

Have rode in the area in the past and went over towards Salmon, down the creek and east, first week of may though, no one was there and no ski tracks for weeks prior

Attachments

• IMG_0310.jpg
    IMG_0310.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 100

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com

The Cabin and lake are off limits 1) it's in a caribou closure 2) there is a long standing agreement with the owners ( great people) to try and keep separation so their guests have safe untracked snow. The ridge where the pics where taken is the boundary and there are signs along the ridge. from the trail in you need to follow the signs and be aware of where you are if directions are followed you will not get anywhere near the cabin.

Wildlife closures are year round there is no opening date!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom