Flying pests from Hell

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about the mosquitos??? I havent seen them this bad in....in...well in ever!!!!! I put my bug zapper out last night and this morning it was plugged. Was working out in the field and when you get out of the tractor you cannot even breath without swallowing at leat a dozen. I know i hate to say it (with all the green crops out there) but we need a frost to kill the little buggers. Harvest is going to be painfull on the truckers this year. Has anyone got a preference on mosquito spray???

Snowdoogie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just got back from an off leash dog park...had to run to the truck...infreakinsane!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I also just got back from a off leash dog park, they were'nt bad last night.
Good thing, I keep a can of deep woods off in my truck.
one lap and went back and sprayed myself.:d

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't found the skitters to be too bad this year. We're east of Edmonton and it's been drier than a popcorn fart so maybe they weren't able to hatch or something in our area. Don't care, just happy I'm not swatting myself all day.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
I haven't found the skitters to be too bad this year. We're east of Edmonton and it's been drier than a popcorn fart so maybe they weren't able to hatch or something in our area. Don't care, just happy I'm not swatting myself all day.

Agree...been skeater free summer...just noticed the this eve...:eek::eek:

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For repellant, the best I've ever used was Watkins. Its a cream, and works like a hot damn.

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i haven't tried it yet but a friend of mine just went camping with some relatives of his and they put him on to using bounce sheets (like for your clothes dryer). He says you just rub your skin with them and the little bastards leave you alone.

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never heard of doing that but when they're bad a person will try just about anything!!!!

Cameo

Reaction score
I tried a new product called Bug Off, its a patch like the smoker one, you wear it for 2 hours, remove it then its good for 48, works real good, I had it golfing in the spring in the US, and I was the only one in the group that wasn't drained of all blood after 18. I havent seen it hear, but heard Can Tire was supposed to have it. I'll let you know. I wish I had brought some home for this weekend!

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one word wabasca If u havent been there in the summer than u have no Idea how bad They can get

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Ekati and they are the size of airplanes...And lots of the buggers...

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I haven't really noticed them this year but she's been a dry one. Guess it depends on where you live and how much moisture you've got!

I just use plain ol deep woods off!! :)

Top Bottom