Flying Frenchmans 2007 59 HP Banshee

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's right folks you read right. :) 59 HP:) at the rear wheels. Some of you which I rode with this summer though it was kind of fishy that my quad goes that good with only a shaved head and pipes. Well people this motor was built by TED BOYKO of Boyco Racing. This motor ROCKS.:):):) Ted knows his stuff. The best thing is that it's still a 350cc motor and it always runs great. So when it gets tired, maybe I'll move up in the HP department. But for now it still give me a challange when climbing hills and racing bigger quads. :nono: AH!! It runs so good and I hate lying so I had to let you guys know.

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAHA. I knew you were holding out on a few of us.:rolleyes: So what type of port job does it have?......low-mid? I sure wish I could have made it out the last trip this year. I never really had a chance to run against you when my quad was all dialled in. Oh well, next year I'm sure I'll see you out there. I should build a sleeper like you lol.....the only problem is, it's only a sleeper until the first time you launch off the start lol.

KFX Drm Ripper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol new it!!!! it had to come out some time.. but what a time to come out! at the end of the year. lol you got to tell us all the mods now!!! next year the boys from snow and mud are going to own brule... we need snow and mud stiker for the quad!!! so when we see it we know!!!!

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So lets see the dyno sheet. Anyone can say they are putting ___ to the ground, but let us see the sheet. allot of ppl are saying they were on a dyno and making ___ but wont put up the sheet to back up their claims.

Last edited:

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an assumption of whats going on here, I could be wrong but you never know. Last time I rode with frenchman, all he said was done was pipes and head and it turned out to be a race machine. But now....over the winter, he is going to get the new "Wompus" cylinders (big bore stroked cylinders casted to look like stock) and he's going to stomp all over anyone in his path and claim he only has a stock stroke BOYKO built motor! LMAO Well at least that's what I would do lol.:d

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought I had posted here but maybe not:dontknow: What dyno did you take it to? I'm doing a little work to mine this winter and might want to dyno it in the string. They have a dyno @ Rexburg Motorsports by the St Anthonys dunes in Idaho. Though I might just dyno it before we ride in the spring but if I could do it here that would be better. That is a good runnin Banshee you got there!:d

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's quite an increase over stock, they are only 39hp at the crank.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes CaptJackSparrows you did have a thread and I aslo replied last night. The website was all different, even Drewskis picture on the side was different it was a snowman giving it to the chic snowwoman over the boards at a rink. :confused:Weird!!!:confused:

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes CaptJackSparrows you did have a thread and I aslo replied last night. The website was all different, even Drewskis picture on the side was different it was a snowman giving it to the chic snowwoman over the boards at a rink. :confused:Weird!!!:confused:

yeah.... one of the mods got their panties in a bunch and I had to remove my avatar. I thought it was appropriate for the time of year. Just a snowman and woman lmao.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The porting is an all-around port job, exellent low,mid and high power. Ted Boyko has 38 years experience building and tuning motors. He knows his twin cylinder banshee. The head was shaved to run on race fuel VP c-12 or Sunoco Purple, VP fuel usually gives me a headache after a few hours riding, some fancy carb settings,chrome pipes, and a modded air box. As for the dyno run, this same motor was dynoed a few year back by DENIS Maham at K&N. A stock motor runs anywhere from 33-35 HP on the dyno and this motor ran 59.3 HP at 9500 RPM . Still a 350cc motor so I didn't have to spend extras on a crank, boring, and pistons. This is one excellent motor great for climbing and great for drags, and super reliable, and always runs tip-top. As for dyno sheets I've seen them somewhere but can't recall it, so I guess you'll have to believe me. Ha! Ha! Ha!:):):) If not, well see you at Brule and we'll have fun climbing and racing:cool:.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, I will get me some SnowandMud stickers for my quad next year. Great thinking KFX Drm Ripper. If I can tune my bike to run close to yours without nitrous I'll be happy. Maybe even win 1 race out of 20. Ha ! Ha! Ha!. Maybe if I stop eating so much I could lose some weight and my power to weight ratio would be better. Maybe rider weight should be 200lbs not 165 or less. You guys better start eating more cause it's to hard to slim down.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm game to do some racin @ Brule next summer!:d We are heading to St Anns in early may as well, maybe some of you come come down there? Much better place for racin;) and ridin! I'm doin a little more work to mine so it will be interesting to see if it's any faster.

KFX Drm Ripper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flying Frenchmans your funny lol i eat like a horse now i'm trying because winter is coming !!! i'll see what i can do!!! i'm not going to do much with by quad now just Powder Coat the frame black, Fox Float,dasa exhaust and a sick paint job on my fenders!!!! i'm just going to make it look as good as i can!! NO MUD!!!!!!!

mustange70

Reaction score
can i play? i mean i just have a all factory 98 polaris scrammy, granted the carbs were swapped to flatslides and i've installed pipes and done some clutch work, should be a good race, Imean your light little banshee's should beable to woop on my heavy ass 4wd . . . . . . . .or would it?

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A three hole scrambler, Wow!!! That would be awesome to see fly up the hills. Automatic are quick. The quad must be a one of a kind and lots of time to build. Maybe you can come and play next summer, were looking forward to seeing custom quads. We can take a look at that quad and maybe have some fun races and see how she climbs.

mustange70

Reaction score
Actually its been a fairly straight forward build, biggest thing is to line up the clutches, build new mounts and figure out how to get the exhaust in there somehow, trust me triple pipes take a lot of room lol. That said I'm planning to be up at the red water ohv area on Sunday for some test n' tune runs if anyone is interested (just getting the last of it sorted.)

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of a 98 that I built a few years ago. It's got a 670 Summit motor in it. Used the stock CVT cover and had the pipe tucked in under the plastics and out the back like the stock one. It ran really good and I had it in water up to the seat with no problems. It was my daily driver until I got sick of not having electric start:d Plus my KFX was faster finally so I put it rest:doh: It was fun though.

Attachments

• 100_0196 (Small).JPG
    100_0196 (Small).JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 100_0199 (Small).JPG
    100_0199 (Small).JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 100_0201 (Small).JPG
    100_0201 (Small).JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 100_0198 (Small).JPG
    100_0198 (Small).JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 100_0195 (Small).JPG
    100_0195 (Small).JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 90

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mustange 70 which part will you be riding at Redwater? Is that still open or was it shut down?
You guys must have to much time on your hands building one off quads. Captjacksparrow that looks like that quad must of been fun in the mud with 120 hp and an automatic.:)

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a lot of fun, it wasn't 120hp though. That motor, like most was rated way high, and when you touch the divergence cone on a 2 stroke pipe you start to kill power in a hurry and I had to tighten the corner up to get it in the chassis. It was probably over 100hp though. It was a blast as 4X4 though. It just danced across the keg:d I had extended the swing arm too because it would go over every time I hit the throttle!
Once I built my V motor though it would clean the Scramblers clock plus the V was electric start.;) So I just rode it after that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom