Flyer

dlefebvre

Reaction score
I have a 94 XLT since new, It has a bunch of mill work done, it's quick and is worth keeping.This year it gets a 144 x 2 inch track and rear fox shocks. I have been increasing the rear suspension hight and the problem I'm having is that the higher the rear suspension goes up, of course, the lower the front end drops. This makes for tuff sledding in the deeper snow conditions as the snow is always pooring over the hood and srtaight into me!
It there a way to raise the front end to gain more clearence?
p.s first time posting

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have a 94 XLT since new, It has a bunch of mill work done, it's quick and is worth keeping.This year it gets a 144 x 2 inch track and rear fox shocks. I have been increasing the rear suspension hight and the problem I'm having is that the higher the rear suspension goes up, of course, the lower the front end drops. This makes for tuff sledding in the deeper snow conditions as the snow is always pooring over the hood and srtaight into me!
p.s first time posting

I couldn't resist this one.....how about you lower the back end....hehehe

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a 95 xlt rmk did the same thing you plan on doing DON'T DO IT you will be pissed after spending time and money the 600 triple doesnt have enough power to spin that track at a proper speed in the powder save your money and buy a older 800 my wife rides a 2005 800 144 she kicked the xlt real bad now i ride a 700 dragon 155 and kick her ass

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a 95 xlt rmk did the same thing you plan on doing DON'T DO IT you will be pissed after spending time and money the 600 triple doesnt have enough power to spin that track at a proper speed in the powder save your money and buy a older 800 my wife rides a 2005 800 144 she kicked the xlt real bad now i ride a 700 dragon 155 and kick her ass

This XLT Rips!!! scrapping it isint an option

trust me

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
p.s first time posting

Find a front end off a newer sled and install it or lengthen the radius rods and get longer shocks. You will need longer tie rods as well but nothing that can't be overcome with a welder and some pipe, radius rods are easy to build. Tie rods are a little tougher because one end is a left hand thread, trying to buy a tap for it is very expensive. My advice would be to get a longer tie rod than you need, cut it to length but cut the end with the right hand thread, and then re-thread that end because a right hand tap will cost you about $3, a left hand tap will cost you about $50.

Hope that makes sense.

Top Bottom