Floor drain in sled trailer

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas on a floor drain - where I could pick up a strip. Buddy's trailer is a swimming pool even with cracking the vents

when I originally bought my old triton, they said they did not put in floor drains as they would just freeze up. I found some 12 volt heat tape to take care of that.

If not, I have an idea but I need a good tin basher in Edmonton. Anybody know one

Greg

It's not the years, it the mileage........

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go buy a sink drain and old style rubber stopper. Drill a hole to fit in the floor and then just silicone the drain piece into the floor to seal

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can"t see a sink drain doing anything? Bud's sled trailer has a bit of a beavertail. I think the drain would have to go all the way across the back to work.

What I am thinking is a two inch wide tray with holes on each end. Put 12 volt heat tape around it. just want the tray to have a bit of slope to it so it drains out the ends instead of pooling in the tray.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to Brent. 1-800-584-4494

10 ft with a 6ft power lead will run about $265. They are waterproof so you can lay them right in the drain channel.

I am trying to get a line on a drain. Flaman's has them in their ATC trailers. 1357316060IMG_2278-small.jpg

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks!! That is exactly what I had in my head for the bottom end of my beaver tail. Let me know if you find a good drain and I will do the same!!

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would think that this would not be an issue. These ATC trailers have the drain welded into the frame?!

Any ideas? This is exactly what I want and I think I am going to have to get one fabbed up. Anyone know where I can pick up some 4 inch aluminum c channel?

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine had the same problem then he started running a fan on the floor his is completely dry with the fan and a swimming pool with out. Bad side is it needs to run all night and plugged in so no 12v. His looks like this
floor-fan.jpg

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something like this may work?

Google trench floor drains...lots of stuff out there, but not locally by the looks of it

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something like this may work?

Google trench floor drains...lots of stuff out there, but not locally by the looks of it

Thanks Kevin. Doing the same thing. Practically = don't need something of that large a volume to. Those things are meant for gallons per minute - not hour.

I am going to see if the guys in the shop can fab something up out of 4 inch aluminum C channel. That should also have the torsional rigidity required, since you are cutting a big piece out of the floor.

Greg

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand that that one is big, but it is the right idea:) How long do you want yours? I would like a full 8 ft if possible. Maybe we should get two made up at the same time?

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My plan would be to put in the drain and then spray foam the underside of the drain and trailer floor...this way the main trough should always be above the freezing mark. IMO...less holes is better as there is less cold air getting in. A little heat tape around the exit...and BAM...no more swimming pool:D

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Decided to call my future son in-law who is in the plumbing construction world.....what he has used are 2" wide x 2-3" deep x 4' and you can link them, He is calling to get a price and specs, will post what I find as well.....

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok. Sit down. Those Pro-Line drains are are a $1,000 a piece for a 48" section. That is $2,000 to do a trailer!?! I gotta get into plumbing supplies.......

Trying to source this trench pan. Wayyyyyyyy more reasonable.

Top Bottom