Flooded basement

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i'm doing some spring cleaning and I'm using the hose outside, I'm about to wash the truck when i go down stairs to get some soap and I see the water on the floor and then the gong show starts, get the shop vac out and then rip out the custom area rugs, hopefully the insurance company won't F*&k me over.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You better make sure there is log or two floating in there or they will never pay...sewer back up is needed man..I can come set one in there for ya...

81chevshorty

Reaction score
Had the exact same thing a year ago and insurance covered everything without any problems or logs! just actually finishing getting it all back together now.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i'm doing some spring cleaning and I'm using the hose outside, I'm about to wash the truck when i go down stairs to get some soap and I see the water on the floor and then the gong show starts, get the shop vac out and then rip out the custom area rugs, hopefully the insurance company won't F*&k me over.
good luck hope she works out for you

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Floaters and chit are not the determining factor.......Your policy and extensions are.
Insurance companies for the most part dont fawk you over....You fawk yourself over because you dont buy the right policy or extensions to cover your life. Sadly your Broker may be at fault too .

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ah sounds sh&ty , good luck and hope the insurance man will cooperate with ya.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Floaters and chit are not the determining factor.......Your policy and extensions are.
Insurance companies for the most part dont fawk you over....You fawk yourself over because you dont buy the right policy or extensions to cover your life. Sadly your Broker may be at fault too .
so true my broker actually came to my place recently and we went over everything I do feel a lot better about that.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score

Yup it is all in the extentions you get ( thats sounds dirty)....alot don't cover basement floods they might say it is lack of maintenance just like if your shingles are shot and your roof leaks should insurance covered it? 2 guys I work with both have flooded basement this spring and both have to foot the bills themselves due to cracks leading down from under windows just carpets and some drywall.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Im an insurance restoration contractor, and 95% of the policy's have a water damage endorsement. Hose bibs are typically covered. Ive only seen a few not covered and Ive been doing this more than 20 years. What they typically cover is water from a drain, sump pump failure, broken water supply lines (hose bib). What they do not cover is any maintenance issues such as water coming in from an outside source, a crack in the wall could of been fixed. If there is a heavy rainstorm and the streets are filled and it comes through your windows its not covered but if it comes through the sewer drain it is considered a backup. Insurance companys are not a maintenance contact. Insurance is for something that is sudden or accidental. A hose bib would be considered sudden, it was not a long term thing. The water in the winter froze in the Hose bib pipe causing it to expand and crack. There is a washer that doesn't let any water into the pipe untill you open the valve and then you get water all over. When its turned off you wont get anything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom