Flooded 670x wheres the fuel coming from

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Bahaahaaahaaa!

*Pick up wrench and unopened beer, put down wrench and open beer, drink that beer and then look for wrench, find wrench and open another beer, look for screwdriver, find screwdriver and drink screwdriver, go look for more vodka, find vodka and look for wrench, drop socket into bellypan, fish for socket for 20 mins ......*

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT..... WERE YOU WATCHING ME????? LOL:d

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 500 does the sameting,gotta be carefull where you park,if its to steep it will flood,sucks when your stuck on a steep hill trying to keep it running while diggin and pullin.Ive also had my primer go and continually dump full in while riding till it died,pulled lots that day.besides that great sleds though.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 500 does the sameting,gotta be carefull where you park,if its to steep it will flood,sucks when your stuck on a steep hill trying to keep it running while diggin and pullin.Ive also had my primer go and continually dump full in while riding till it died,pulled lots that day.besides that great sleds though.

This is a classic example of floats being set too high. This was a huge problem on the 583's when they first came out too. Just set them about 0.5 mm lower each time out until it improves.

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW this is great!!
My 97 summit 740 Union Bay did the same thing!!
But here's what happened!
We were hill climbing and i went down the wrong shoot!(well it really was not a shoot but any way!) I stopped and tried to side hill back up but i pulled it i little bit to far and flipped it!!(to the up hill side) (thank god)LOL
Any way i dug a hole so i could work on it, i pulled the plugs and they were dry!!
So i put them back in, primed it 2 to 4 times pulled it 100 times then got really mad:realmad:. i was ready to burn it on the side of the mountain!:cool::cigar:
Pulled the plugs again this time there was i little gas on them but it still would not fire!!:rant: I finally got it running after another 59 pulls!! HOLE ch!t!!!
So has any one had this problem before??
Up till it started i said i would never buy another summit!!LOL

Justin

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW this is great!!
My 97 summit 740 Union Bay did the same thing!!
But here's what happened!
We were hill climbing and i went down the wrong shoot!(well it really was not a shoot but any way!) I stopped and tried to side hill back up but i pulled it i little bit to far and flipped it!!(to the up hill side) (thank god)LOL
Any way i dug a hole so i could work on it, i pulled the plugs and they were dry!!
So i put them back in, primed it 2 to 4 times pulled it 100 times then got really mad:realmad:. i was ready to burn it on the side of the mountain!:cool::cigar:
Pulled the plugs again this time there was i little gas on them but it still would not fire!!:rant: I finally got it running after another 59 pulls!! HOLE ch!t!!!
So has any one had this problem before??
Up till it started i said i would never buy another summit!!LOL

Justin

Sounds like a pretty common problem on the 670's if they spend to much time on there side. Man was I getting pissed off to when it wouldn't start. lol My shoulder was so soar the next day.
Does anyone know if there was a fix for this problem can simply changing to a diffrent carb or newer style carb help??/

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty common problem on the 670's if they spend to much time on there side. Man was I getting pissed off to when it wouldn't start. lol My shoulder was so soar the next day.
Does anyone know if there was a fix for this problem can simply changing to a diffrent carb or newer style carb help??/

LOL i hate the common problems we have whit the old 670s!!! What he said in the last line!!?? What can we do??
:nitro:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Move the fuel shut off to the handlebars like someone else here did or move it to where you can get at it fast. I moved mine to the area on the panel right below the pull starter handle. If she flips, just reach over and shut the fuel off asap, especially if it is still running/gurggling. When you get it back upright, hold the throttle open on the first pull, don't leave it closed and flood it. Once you get it running, crank the fuel on again (just don't forget its off).

If your sled dies 300 ft from where you got started, your fuel is still off (trust me on this one).

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your sled dies 300 ft from where you got started, your fuel is still off (trust me on this one).[/QUOTE]

LOL:p;):beer::d:(:):rolleyes:

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple tips... ****wear your kill teather it helps starting when your done checking your track :rolleyes:and I have heard of pulling floats out and flattening out the arms then clipping of excess length, havn't tried it yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0961[1].jpg
    IMG_0961[1].jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 33

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple tips... ****wear your kill teather it helps starting when your done checking your track :rolleyes:and I have heard of pulling floats out and flattening out the arms then clipping of excess length, havn't tried it yet.

Holy sh!T!!
Was the a back flip gone bad???:d

Cheers:beer::beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was the a back flip gone bad???

Nope, looks like a routine subframe and undercarriage inspection to me. :D

You gotta do the routine maintenance inspections every now and then so that you are prepared for if something goes wrong.....

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Nope, looks like a routine subframe and undercarriage inspection to me. :D

You gotta do the routine maintenance inspections every now and then so that you are prepared for if something goes wrong.....

I do at least one every ride...I've also removed my windshield to make it easier....:d:beer:

Top Bottom