Fleetwood files chapter 11

BombardierBratz

Reaction score
So, I'm looking to de-winterize my 2007 Fleetwood Gearbox today & notice that the skylight above to shower is smashed. The plastic dome is very brittle and crumbles in my fingers. I load 'er up and take it to a dealership. They inform me that Fleetwood has gone into receivership and everything is shut down until it goes through the courts. The dealership I took it to won't even look at it, as they don't have parts & no avenue to get them. I called my salesman & he is going to do a search between dealerships for me. He hopes someone might have one in stock. If not, I'm afraid I'm hoopered. I asked about fabbing in a 3rd party dome, & he said that it is very dificult, as fleetwood has a habit of using oddball parts & 3rd party stuff rarely works out. What am I going to do? Maybe a good carpenter can fab something up so that another manufacturer's part will work. Anyone have any ideas before we get rain?! :realmad::mad:

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get yourself a piece of plexiglass, heat it up and bend it to put a little shape into it. Then fit it in there with some new weather stripping and you should be good to go.
I just helped a buddy build a new windshield for his boat out of a piece of plexiglass that we had to bend and contour pretty much the whole way through, but it was alot cheaper than the $350 the dealership wanted. Just took a fair bit of patience.

Good Luck.

BombardierBratz

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the skylight. The dimensions of the dome is 18" x 26".

Attachments

• P1000164.jpg
    P1000164.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 45

BombardierBratz

Reaction score
Fleetwood Enterprises, Inc. Announces Court Orders; Receives Approval for up to $80 Million in Debtor-in-Possession Financing
PRNewswire
RIVERSIDE, Calif.

RIVERSIDE, Calif., April 3 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Fleetwood Enterprises, Inc. ("Fleetwood"), a leading producer of recreational vehicles and manufactured homes, today reported that the U.S. Bankruptcy Court has approved orders that the company requested to support the continued operation of its motor home and manufactured housing businesses.

On April 1, 2009, Fleetwood received authorization through an interim order to obtain up to $80 million in Debtor-in-Possession ("DIP") financing to supplement the company's working capital needs, including a $65 million sub-limit for Letters of Credit that the company had in place prior to its Chapter 11 filing. The Court authorized the DIP financing as senior secured super-priority post-petition extensions of credit from its lenders, led by Bank of America, N.A. as agent. An additional hearing will be held on April 21, 2009, regarding a final order on the company's DIP financing.

Fleetwood also announced that its requests to pay pre-petition dealer and retailer sales incentives and warranty service claims for Fleetwood motor homes and manufactured homes were approved. Under Chapter 11, the company is permitted to continue to pay for approved post-petition warranty service that is performed on Fleetwood motor homes and manufactured homes and to pay for sales incentives earned on or after March 10, 2009, in the ordinary course of business.

Additional requests made since the company voluntarily filed for Chapter 11 on March 10, 2009, have also been approved. The orders, entered by Judge Meredith A. Jury of the Central District of California in Riverside, include:

•Authorization for Fleetwood to access its pre-existing cash management systems and its cash collateral.
•Approval to pay outstanding pre-petition employee expenses and workers' compensation claims.
•Authorization to pay certain common carriers and other vendors for pre-petition amounts outstanding. The company has submitted a motion requesting permission to pay certain additional vendor claims, which has not yet been heard by the Court.

Copies of the entered orders are available electronically at Kurtzman Carson Consultants LLC.

Founded in 1950, Fleetwood Enterprises, Inc. and its various subsidiaries produce, distribute, and service recreational vehicles and manufactured housing. The company is dedicated to providing high-quality, innovative products that offer exceptional value to customers. Fleetwood continues to employ more than 3,000 people in 15 plants located in 10 states. Fleetwood's products are primarily marketed through extensive dealer networks throughout the United States and Canada. The company is headquartered in Riverside, Calif.

Additional information about the company's reorganization may be found online in the news section of Fleetwood Enterprises or Kurtzman Carson Consultants LLC.

The Abernathy MacGregor Group
rlb@abmac.com, spr@abmac.com
(213) 630-6550; (888) 477-4319 (24/7)
SOURCE: Fleetwood Enterprises, Inc.

Web site: Fleetwood Enterprises

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to work in the R.V. business for a few years. You may have to let your fingers do the walking, or better yet head to some dealers of other manufactures' R.V.'s. Several manufacturers have used those skylights. The ones I used to see were more commonly a smoke tinted see-thru style. I still have some contacts in the business. Pm me with the dimensions of the outside of it, on the roof. Height measurement is not important. Might be able to assist.

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
feel sorry for ya, went threw the same thing with fleetwood and i know i will never by another fleetwood in my life, it looks like a 3rd party one should work thou

bubba700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad to see, Have a good buddy that is a manager at the Jayco trailer plant down here and about the end of march they shut down for a mo. When talking to him he was saying that 90% of the rec trailer manufactures where going out of biz. Guess the market for them was a bit over inflated and to many co. where walking a thin line and this drop was just enough to push most of them out.

BombardierBratz

Reaction score
Its gonna get scary! The local dealer said that two dealerships went (Tango Uniform) {tits up} in Saskatchewan this week alone. Its amazing just how fast this is happening. The global econenemy (speling intended) is so entwined in everyday people's livelyhoods that no one is recession-proof. I'll be extra carefull with my belongings, there might not be anyone around to fix them!

BombardierBratz

Reaction score
The inside hole dimensions are 25" x 17" the dome itself is 26" X 18" ( 1 inch overlap all the way around for screw placement) Colour isn't important, well maybe not red lol.

Another issue we found is the back roof cap is cracked again. We had it fixed last year after some thing heavy came off a roof where we were storing it. We were charged $700.00 for the RV dealership to re-fiberglass the area. Here are some pictures:

Attachments

• P1000166.jpg
    P1000166.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 42
  • P1000168.jpg
    P1000168.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 42
  • P1000169.jpg
    P1000169.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 42

BombardierBratz

Reaction score
They mentioned that it was easier to fix the cap by redoing it like a boat by gelcoating it over the existing fiberglass. Obviously it didn't work. Now with Fleetwood the way they are, I wonder if (the repair dealership) will warranty their own work. On the invoice it looks like they subbed it out to a 3rd party. Hopefully the 3rd party stands behind "their" work, and I can get this fixed. If it's not one thing, its another.

S

stripe

nope sorry i cant find anything that size or even close

Last edited:

djhansz1

Reaction score
How do you even find a part number on these things, we have a 07 tioga sl with a cracked shower dome that has been leaking we need to re[plcae. Everywhere I call says we'll try to find a replacement but no promises. HELP!!!:

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a rv wrecker in josephburg alberta..murphys rv its called..google it..or is there any rv wreckers in yer area..i once shape plexi glass in the oven and it worked quite well..make a mold out of tin or the shape you want,cut the plexiglass to the right size,place it on top of the tin mold.,turn the oven on to 325 or so..keep an eye on it and watch it mold right over the tin..let it totally cool before taking it out and finish up sizing with a jig saw..doo it when the wife aint home..just trust my on that one..but it worked kinda good...good luck

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, I'm looking to de-winterize my 2007 Fleetwood Gearbox today & notice that the skylight above to shower is smashed. The plastic dome is very brittle and crumbles in my fingers. I load 'er up and take it to a dealership. They inform me that Fleetwood has gone into receivership and everything is shut down until it goes through the courts. The dealership I took it to won't even look at it, as they don't have parts & no avenue to get them. I called my salesman & he is going to do a search between dealerships for me. He hopes someone might have one in stock. If not, I'm afraid I'm hoopered. I asked about fabbing in a 3rd party dome, & he said that it is very dificult, as fleetwood has a habit of using oddball parts & 3rd party stuff rarely works out. What am I going to do? Maybe a good carpenter can fab something up so that another manufacturer's part will work. Anyone have any ideas before we get rain?! :realmad::mad:

Give Advantage RV in Edmonton a call. they did and awesome job of taking care of my Warrantee claim with Jayco. Their number is 780 413 4251. They are an RV service centre. Talk to Brian and let him know that Ron from Bonnyville recommended them.:beer:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you think you have problems check out this. Happened in Saskatchewan. bring her home for the first time

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you think you have problems check out this. Happened in saskatchewan. Bring her home for the first time

captin!!! Captin!!! Shes breaking up!!! Shes breaking up!!! Time to abandon ship....... Or get out the gibbys.....

Sorry i couldnt resist it..........

T

BombardierBratz

Reaction score
My dealer called around & someone had one in stock (shower dome). Shipped it to me on the bus. As for the back cap, the other dealer I took it to in Red Deer said that the gel coating isn't warranteed, because they hired an outside party to repair it & they won't stand behind their work. They ended up filling it with rubber caulking. At the end of the day, it cost me $550.00 for someone to use a caulking gun on it. Nice, they won't give me any money back, but they said to bring it in at the end of the season and they'll change the whole thing into aluminum and paint it white to match. I don't know how I feel about it. Time will tell.

Top Bottom