Flathead Summer Access

iamcanadian

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can access Harvey Creek or Butts rec site in the summer with an RV south of Corbin on the Flathead FSR? I have never been in the area, but Backroad Mapbook says they are for either tents or RVs... look sketchy, but is it possible?

Thanks

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It is sketchy and depends on your clearance and the spring run-off. If your clearance is low, there are some spots that you wouldn't like. If the spring run-off is high, you really wouldn't like it. The best bet is to go south of Fernie and turn on the Morrissey road and then south on the LodgePole FSR. The whole east Flathead and down to the border can pretty much be accessed on a pretty good gravel road.

100_4741.jpg

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gotta get over there this summer for some quadding/camping, looks like some good exploring and if the greenies get their way it'll soon all be a big park :(

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I gotta get over there this summer for some quadding/camping, looks like some good exploring and if the greenies get their way it'll soon all be a big park :(

And we are hoping that with an up-coming election, we can hold on to our present member as Bill will fight a good fight for us! Otherwise, it won't take them long

iamcanadian

Reaction score
Thanks for the info... I was looking at the map and the Lodgepole FSR looked like the best option, but of course the maps don't always tell the whole story. Probably heading out mid to end of July so hopefully the run off will not be as much of an issue.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thanks for the info... I was looking at the map and the Lodgepole FSR looked like the best option, but of course the maps don't always tell the whole story. Probably heading out mid to end of July so hopefully the run off will not be as much of an issue.

It isn't the run-off perse, it is the damage after the fact. On the Corbin side there is no road maintenance resulting in some wash outs. The LodgePole side has maintenance as they have active log hauling out of there. Later is better as there is quite a bit of snow to melt on the Harvey Pass portion. Check with locals to see if the road is even open before you go. Happy camping.

Top Bottom