Flat Tire Question

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I was out with my '09 Honda 420 and ended up with a flat right front tire. My question is.... Can I plug the tire like you would a car tire. I am wondering being much less air pressure, much thiner rubber - will a plug hold or would it likely come out? Am I better off replacing the tire?

I know the obvious answer is this is a perfect opportunity to get mud tires, but I am not that fond of mud boggin...(I know bannish me now...)

Doncha just love newbies and their mundane questions? Thanks Eh!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plugs are fine. I have a plug in 3 of my stock tires. And as far as the mud bogging thing, I'm in the same boat...I sold my Outlander and replaced it with a Scrambler, just because the rootin' and tearin' was getting a little old, like me.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plugs are fine. I have a plug in 3 of my stock tires. And as far as the mud bogging thing, I'm in the same boat...I sold my Outlander and replaced it with a Scrambler, just because the rootin' and tearin' was getting a little old, like me.

Your old yep,,,,:d:beer:

Plugs are fine for your tires..

gladerunner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have 3 plugs in one tire..she has held for 2 years now..i dont see a problem...hahaha
One should always carry a plug kit and a air source just in case of flats out on the trail

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put a plug in it Phyer Phyter.:d:d:d. Like the others stated nothing wrong with a plug.

kingkris06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
plugs work good, but there is some other option , tire sime works and can help to stop future leaks, or just buy a new tire usually stk are quite common, i think most stealerships sell a "take off " stk tire for $25.

oh and if your taking a air pump with you on the trail, geta 12v pump they may not last as long but if you ever have a bead pop off the rim, a co2 would be imposable and a foot pump is a pain in the @ss

grizzlydave

Reaction score
Tire plugs are the best option, be careful with the tire slime. some tire shops will charge you to clean that stuff out of the rim when you have the tire changed.

Top Bottom