flat deck or??

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's either or. Either two sleds on the outter superclamps or one sled down the middle.

sent from a top secret location

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the only reason I was wondering is I'm going to put a flat deck on my truck and am trying to get 3 sleds on it without making it to much of a gong show

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Ya the only reason I was wondering is I'm going to put a flat deck on my truck and am trying to get 3 sleds on it without making it to much of a gong show

With the outer dimension of the deck being 8'6" and with sleds with 36" center to center of the spindles (that would be 42" to the outside of the skis), that would leave about 1'6" or 18" in between the sleds. They would fit and with a few guys, one could lift it on. Sure would be a tight fit!

But most guys like it like that, eh..........:D

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two forward one backwards. Just need a longer deck.

sent from a top secret location

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone's looking for something closer, general body made flat decks, they are located in edmonton, calgary and saskatoon. they can do custom work and they make an aluminum flat deck too that they could customize to work for sleds. Probably add slip tanks to it as well.

http://www.generalbody.ca

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
If anyone's looking for something closer, general body made flat decks, they are located in edmonton, calgary and saskatoon. they can do custom work and they make an aluminum flat deck too that they could customize to work for sleds. Probably add slip tanks to it as well.

http://www.generalbody.ca

Yes, there are lots around. I like to shop in Canada but have you compared prices lately? I got twice the deck for half the cost of my old deck!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
*cough* tow a 2-place *cough*

What he said ^^^. 3 sleds and 1 truck, where do the jerry's, gear etc., go? (besides being cramped up in the cab.......if you could fit it all in). If you are like FS and live 5 kms from the trailhead and don't pack jerrys, or take the 2 place to the trailhead and then throw the 3rd sled on the deck for the late spring trips up the logging road to the snowline, sure it could work for a short trip, but probably not something you want to drive from Saskatoon to Valemont. Would really have to do the math on weight if you wanted to do 3 sleds on a 3/4 ton with a 3rd guy and gear, fuel etc. as you would potentially be over.

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FS's set up is great, looks awesome and I'm sure its perfect for where he lives and rides. If I lived and rode down there I would likely have the same setup. Unfortunatly, I dream about living in the mountains and have to travel to get there. For the group I ride with, 1 ton with a deck (lots off room for 3-4 people and their gear under the deck) and an open two place so that you can still get to and turn around when you have to travel to the snow line. Sure its not as nice as FS's setup or as sexy as a Trailswest Burandt edition trailer but I would hate to have to turn that SOB around at km 38 of silent pass after a big dump of snow. When its three of us, 1 on the deck for weight/traction and 2 on the trailer.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a big enclosed to take sledding but sometimes for a quick trip it would be nice to just take the truck and heck if u can get 3 sleds on it why not?? The only only Jerry's we take are on the sled and for gear we all use hockey bags that can sit on the deck

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
FS's set up is great, looks awesome and I'm sure its perfect for where he lives and rides. If I lived and rode down there I would likely have the same setup. Unfortunatly, I dream about living in the mountains and have to travel to get there. For the group I ride with, 1 ton with a deck (lots off room for 3-4 people and their gear under the deck) and an open two place so that you can still get to and turn around when you have to travel to the snow line. Sure its not as nice as FS's setup or as sexy as a Trailswest Burandt edition trailer but I would hate to have to turn that SOB around at km 38 of silent pass after a big dump of snow. When its three of us, 1 on the deck for weight/traction and 2 on the trailer.

Right on. To each their own. I drive 15 minutes to the staging area on most days. Other days, it is no more than 40 minutes. There are only 2 of us so it works perfect. Lets go sledding.......and take a friend snowmobiling!

Top Bottom