Flashing brake lite

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 800 rev that flashes brake light on the dash any thing over 6000 rpm.I have tryed unhooking brake switch and no diff. any thoughts,would be helpfull. thanks.... Troy

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did the older revs use the dash brake light as a low oil indicator as well? I think my old ZX was like that

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did the older revs use the dash brake light as a low oil indicator as well? I think my old ZX was like that

hmmm my 04 did this as well and I cant remember for sure but I think you are corect Teeroy

I think even at half full you may get that light. is the oil full?

I think it comes on at higher rpm as the pull of the sled just moves the oil enough to hit the sensor.

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tryed with the handlebar switch unhooked,and the sled has a seperate light for oil level. I still need more ideas,keep them comming guys

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tryed with the handlebar switch unhooked,and the sled has a seperate light for oil level. I still need more ideas,keep them comming guys
swap the guage out with one of your other revs maybe, see if that changes anything

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sleds are 2 06 and 2 07,s not sure if guadges are same, guess i could try,sled belongs to miles estabrook.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sleds are 2 06 and 2 07,s not sure if guadges are same, guess i could try,sled belongs to miles estabrook.
lol...he's got all kinds of money, take your time...:beer:

I think Jay Noskey has the same year of sled, he may let you try his guage if yours are different

Top Bottom